8000 calorie ration!!!

Yokel

LE
Ive has to change because of diabetes (type 2).

It’s lack of education, for most of my life ive been burning off the calories and needed the carbs to do what I did. When I was first injured the body burns a lot of energy recovering and even though I was laying there hardly moving I needed a lot of food. It was a difficult habit to get out of.

Now I try and keep my carbs down to 100 a day, 2000 calories. The fats usually go above the recommended 70, but they’re mostly good fats - fish, nuts etc. Saturated is usually cheese, but that’s also a pleasure as a thread bare diet is foolish.

As I child I put weight on after being brain injured - obviously recovering from the other injuries caused by being hit by the car used energy. Then as I was recovering I was less able to do physical things. Then as I got older and taller I was asked if I had an eating disorder.

Is anyone watching the programme on BBC4 about Obesity? Some seriously large meals on display.

Last edited:
Remind me which part of the reserves is this uniform?

Face_to_face.jpg
He need's to go on the Sixth Army winter diet.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
1370 calories - 2500 RDA
127 Carbs - 263 RDA
66 Fat - 70 RDA

only 44 protein.

For breakfast I have

2 poached eggs
2 bacon
2 slices low carb bread
mushrooms
cherry tomatoes
Cup of tea
100ml orange juice
benecol yoghurt

491 calories
23 carbs
26 fat
38 protein

i sometimes bin the bacon and ad smoked salmon and an avocado, it bumps the fat up, but is high in protein low in carbs.

I keep my diet simple...

Breakfast
brkfst.jpg

2nd Breakfast
brkfst2.jpg

Lunch
Lunch.jpg

Afternoon Snack
lunch2.jpg

Dinner
Dinner.jpg

Midnight snack
dinner2.jpg

Don’t you lot love those long ruck runs through the countryside?
He's already eaten his rucksack, he need a snack on his way from the disabled spaces to the trolleys.

DITA

MIA
TOS - RRS TRF.

Adult Volunteer for the Scottish Cadet branch. RRS TRF is worn on the right shoulder.

I mind when this picture initially surfaced a couple of years back.

Adult Volunteer for the Scottish Cadet branch. RRS TRF is worn on the right shoulder.

I mind when this picture initially surfaced a couple of years back.

So still Scottish then?

Tuffty

War Hero
The problem i see is that its 8000 cals if you eat it all, if you are on patrol for an extended period then you need to carry all your food, eqpt, spec eqpt, ammo, water, etc, etc the list goes on. You try your best to keep your weight to a minimum so you start to dump the non essentials from your ration pack. That must be why the J Plan diet is so effective

so you start to dump the non essentials from your ration pack.

That was always something of a norm, I used to do it myself so never had a problem with it.

Afghanistan made me rethink, especially the way an EOD team was required to operate. I discussed this with my team, emphasising the importance of fuel for the body, ORP wasn’t necessarily to be enjoyed (even though they were good). Team members could swap like for like meals and sundries, bit they had to go out with full 48 hours worth of rations.

So still Scottish then?

My Bold .... and on that theme .... a somewhat different Rat Pack Review Hi Hi I posted on another thread .... " Wot no Porage " ...

ETA .... slight thread drift ... this guy , bigclivedotcom , certainly has some quirky uploads ..... " Opening the bulging tin of Surstromming (fermented fish) " is certainly worth a watch ... back on thread .

Last edited:

pinback2001

RIP
RIP
8000 calories is the sort of meal @ScaleyAlbereto serves to his dates. He just has a salad himself.

I felt bloated after an all day brunch. Two rashers of bacon, two sausages, two friend eggs, tomato, mushrooms, beans, and chips. I wonder how many calories that was?
At Wetherspoons that is 1240 cals
8000 calories is the sort of meal @ScaleyAlbereto serves to his dates. He just has a salad himself.

I felt bloated after an all day brunch. Two rashers of bacon, two sausages, two fried eggs, tomato, mushrooms, beans, and chips. I wonder how many calories that was?
That would be 1240 cals at Wetherspoon

Yokel

LE
Would you eat two brunches? Whilst I enjoyed it I did feel bit bloated and since I had a long drive in the dark it was perhaps not the best choice.

How did you work out the calorific content, just out of interest? It was not at Wetherspoons BTW.