8000 calorie ration!!!

ACAB

LE
I've copied the video for the latest Minotaur Ration. It's an incredible 8000 calories!!!

Which, if memory serves me correctly, is more than twice that issued to British Troops for the same period.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I've copied the video for the latest Minotaur Ration. It's an incredible 8000 calories!!!

Which, if memory serves me correctly, is more than twice that issued to British Troops for the same period.

Is it some sort of body shape fast-tracking programme for female officers and the RLC?

Steve1989MREInfo has a funny accent so after skimming through his review of a 2018 British cold weather rat pack review, some of his remarks made me chuckle, as did some of the feedback comments:

1583798974458.png

1583799485560.png

1583799515208.png

1583799548584.png

It seems he enjoyed it then.. There's quite a weight difference though.

Last edited:
I was once informed that Navy SEAL's in their continuation training (post BUD's) are still burning the calories to the extent of around 5000 - 6000 a day. 8000 is an awful lot, you might get fat.

I was once informed that Navy SEAL's in their continuation training (post BUD's) are still burning the calories to the extent of around 5000 - 6000 a day. 8000 is an awful lot, you might get fat.
That is something you would carry in a three day bag. Worth it, but not all in one day.

Steve1989MREInfo has a funny accent so after skimming through his review of a 2018 British cold weather rat pack review, some of his remarks made me chuckle, as did some of the feedback comments:

View attachment 455097
View attachment 455098
View attachment 455099
View attachment 455100
It seems he enjoyed it then.. There's quite a weight difference though.

There are very few things Steve won't eat.

IIRC botulism (some cold war eastern european rat pack) is one of the fun things he's tried.

There are very few things Steve won't eat.

IIRC botulism (some cold war eastern european rat pack) is one of the fun things he's tried.
He might have got on better if he'd paid attention to the instructions. Rather than attempting to reconstitute the beef, he should have used more water then strained the liquid through a cloth to produce the pint of beef tea stated on the label (@ 03:15). The solids get discarded, not eaten.

Essentially, the ration provides a cup of Oxo and a cup of cocoa. Just what you need in the mid-winter snows of the South African veldt.

Last edited:

4,000 a day, so one rat pack will last you two days when you are on Coronavirus lockdown, or one of those will do four days. I suppose the benefit is you wont need loads of bog roll......

so after all the miseries troops have to suffer on exercise or in combat they've decided what they really need added to their day is passing a turd the size and shape of a toddlers backpack.

Merely breakfast for this chap

1583836948211.jpeg

That is something you would carry in a three day bag. Worth it, but not all in one day.

It also costs $80, so $1 per 100 calories. Not really worth it.

Yokel

LE
Merely breakfast for this chap

View attachment 455144

I wonder what his ARRSE name is? What forums and threads does he post on? Food related ones?

He will have a fablon biff chit.

Unless he has eaten that as well. Does it taste good?

I am sure that 8000 calories per day (or was it 6000) was meant to be what guys on the Brecon phase of SF selection needed?

Last edited:

Latest Threads