800,000 or 1.1 Million now 1.5 Million

#1
http://politics.guardian.co.uk/homeaffairs/story/0,,2201872,00.html

So the Government first says 800,000 immigrant workers in 10 years, then ups this figure to 1,100,000 and then changes their mind again to 1,500,000.

Then they say that 40% of new jobs have gone to foreign nationals, then change their mind and say 52% of new jobs have gone to foreign workers.

Two questions spring to mind here. 1) Who found out that the first set of figures was a lie, sorry I mean a mistake.

2) Does this government actually have a fcuking clue whats going on

3) Do they care that they don't have a clue?


Ok so I lied about how many questions, seems the done thing around here.
 
#2
8) The Govt Try's to hide the truth when it suits them. I think that they may have gone for an election but if the new figs were known, all hell would have been opened by the opposition.They care when their nice seats are in danger in the House, they might lose their seat on the top table of Animal Farm, not so much loot in the trough, money is God 8) 8) 8) 8)
 
#3
Is anyone really surprised, this shower of sh1t are probably the worst this country have ever seen? They can't even lie without screwing it up.
 
#5
Well it certainly begs a question as to their reasons for lying about the true levels of immigration.

After all, if as they say, immigration is such a benefit to our economy and society, one would think that they would be shouting this from the rooftops about how they are improving our lives with their flood of cheap labour.

A more serious point is how are local authorities meant to fund schools, services and housing if central government is unable to count the numbers?

This effectively renders The Census an expensive waste of effort.

Additionally, how are we meant to reduce landfill sites, carbon emissions, power consumption, road congestion when millions are pouring into the country?

Do we want to see what is left of The Green Belt concreted over to satisfy New Labours immigation folly?

Can you now be an environmentalist and yet support uncontrolled immigration? There needs to be some serious soul searching amongst the green lobby.
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#7
The gobment KNEW how many people would come into the UK from the outset. They intended to fill the place with foreigners from the outset.

As far as they were concerned, by the time it was made public just how many had come in, a: it would be far too late to do anything about it and b: they'd make some worthless 'apology; for misjudging the whole thing.

So, the situation now? There's well in excess of 1.5m people from abroad working here, there's well in excess of 1m NOT working here, it's far too late to do anything about it, it's a done deal and last but not least, we've got a worthless, pointless apology which means fcuk all, and nothing is going to be done about it.

Now that's what New Liar would call a resounding success.

Any questions?
 
#8
Why am I not surprised? With a tinfoil hat firmly fitted - WTF is going on here? They can´t be this useless surely :?
 
#10
I read in a paper the other day that one big supermarket chain has put an estimate at 75 million people, taking into consideration customer numbers etc etc.

I know it was only in a paper but that figure seems more like the truth to me.
 
#11
Ord_Sgt said:
Is anyone really surprised, this shower of sh1t are probably the worst this country have ever seen? They can't even lie without screwing it up.
That for me is quote of the day, well said Ord Sgt! I fully expect the figure to rise over the next few weeks. What an absolute shambles of a Govt! Broon is looking increasingly feeble, almost lost. As for the Home Secretary, I cannot believe that she has been given such a top job, she must know something we don't. She has never answered for her comments about David Davies and the TA either.

We really have hit a low point in politics right now.
 
#12
FARMBOY said:
Ord_Sgt said:
Is anyone really surprised, this shower of sh1t are probably the worst this country have ever seen? They can't even lie without screwing it up.
That for me is quote of the day, well said Ord Sgt! I fully expect the figure to rise over the next few weeks. What an absolute shambles of a Govt! Broon is looking increasingly feeble, almost lost. As for the Home Secretary, I cannot believe that she has been given such a top job, she must know something we don't. She has never answered for her comments about David Davies and the TA either.

We really have hit a low point in politics right now.
Scarily, only the low point we actually know about! I wonder what else is about to surface?
 
#13
rickshaw-major said:
FARMBOY said:
Ord_Sgt said:
Is anyone really surprised, this shower of sh1t are probably the worst this country have ever seen? They can't even lie without screwing it up.
That for me is quote of the day, well said Ord Sgt! I fully expect the figure to rise over the next few weeks. What an absolute shambles of a Govt! Broon is looking increasingly feeble, almost lost. As for the Home Secretary, I cannot believe that she has been given such a top job, she must know something we don't. She has never answered for her comments about David Davies and the TA either.

We really have hit a low point in politics right now.
Scarily, only the low point we actually know about! I wonder what else is about to surface?
RM I fear you may be right. We are entering a period when the spin is really begining to unravel, the damage that will do to our democracy and our standing in the world is something that will take us a long time to recover from. Do you remember their song "Things can only get better" ?

Things can only get better if you don't brush them under the carpet Mr Broon.
 
#14
Cad - Spot on there :wink:

There are so many issues that the tax-paying British public are forced to pay to rectify and have their lives altered for which have been exasperated by a massive influx of migrants under a greedy, incompetent government.

The housing crisis is one such example, I saw on the news last week that "Green Belt" land had been deemed an outdated concept by some moron in Government and it was suggested that we start eating into it for some of the 3 Million new homes to be built on. So we the Great British public have to sacrifice our green and pleasant land to accommodate millions of new immigrants that few, if any British people wanted here in the first place.

Also the insane idea of allowing the hard-shoulder on motorways to be used as another lane in heavy traffic is another example of the Government getting all flustered about the overcrowding it has presided over and showing quite plainly that it has no real ways of coping with it.

We need to stop all immigration for at least 5 years to allow us to account for who is actually here and to remove those who have no right to be in our country, followed by the deportation of all foreign criminals who are filling our prisons. After 5 years we can have a sensible, points-based immigration system like Australia, as has been suggested in the press lately. You'd think with us being an Island nation that this wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility but then we do have New Labour in charge! :roll:
 
#15
Some more fun and games with our wonderful government.

Drug treatment programes got an EXTRA £131,000,000 last year.

Guess how many extra addicts they cured?

70.

A grand total of 5,829 for total cost of £384,000,000.

£1,850,000 per junkie!

What a wonderful use of our tax money.
 
#16
FARMBOY said:
RM I fear you may be right. We are entering a period when the spin is really begining to unravel, the damage that will do to our democracy and our standing in the world is something that will take us a long time to recover from. Do you remember their song "Things can only get better" ?

Things can only get better if you don't brush them under the carpet Mr Broon.
My Bolding

That is very telling. If the government truley had a desire to solve a problem the last thing they would be doing is lying or atempting a cover up. Spin is also useles in sorting things out. What is needed is for a problem to be noticed, pointed out and the solution explained. Then go and carry out the action.
 
#17
Ord_Sgt said:
Is anyone really surprised, this shower of sh1t are probably the worst this country have ever seen? They can't even lie without screwing it up.
Sob sob sob . . . I WANT AUNTY MAGGIE! I WANT AUNTY MAGGIE! Sob sob sob . . .
 
#18
Lets face it they don't have a clue just how many people from overseas are in the country. There are very few checks on people coming into the country and no checks carried out to see if they have ever left it. So just how do they find out these figures when the basic checks are never carried out.
 
#19
W.Anchor said:
Lets face it they don't have a clue just how many people from overseas are in the country. There are very few checks on people coming into the country and no checks carried out to see if they have ever left it. So just how do they find out these figures when the basic checks are never carried out.
The first bit was enough :)

How they could preside over such a mess when we are an island state, not part of the Schengen agreement and check everyone on arrival.

I don't get what the difficulty is. You either have a visa on the system, you are a current resident/citizen or hold an EU passport. All others cannot come in.
 
#20
Why should EU members be allowed to flood here either without control? Since when was it in any parties manifesto that this was going to happen?

Why can't we deport EU murderers for instance.

What happened to the concept of the governement having a primary duty to the protection of our OWN people?
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads