80 People killed in Afghan suicide bombing.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Werewolf, Feb 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A suicide bomber has carried out the "deadliest" single attack in Afghanistan since 2001.

I have to admit, though, that since most of these killed were watching dog-fighting, I'm perhaps less sympathetic than I should be...

I have no problem with cruelty to certain types of humans. But I draw the line at cruelty to animals! :twisted:
  2. Animals.
  3. I'm sorry for the innocent ones, however, as a pet owner if they want to watch such barbaric sport, if that's what it is, they deserve everything they get!
    The innocent are the dogs!
    If they were no so engrossed in such an activity, they would all still be alive.
  4. Somehow, I can't feel too much sympathy with those who would watch such a barbaric "specticle", I refuse to use the term sport.

I have to admit I am with the Taliban on this one, in that it should be banned.

Bit like the audience who were hurt when the bull got out in Spain :twisted:
  5. Pakistan bear baiting dogs ?

I think that can be found on google.

And that religion of theirs which claims to require humane treatment of animals.
  6. It could have been worse.

80 dogs could have died instead of 80 muslims!
  7. Call me specieist but my sympathies are not with the bow wows but the scores dead and maimed fellow humans.

I recall some spectating Brit fiercely complaining about UN soldiers shooting savage corpse feasting dogs during the Rwandan Genocide. Not one of our finer moments.
  8. Seconded! :D