80 insurgents killed in Helmand?

Phil Shiner will be rubbing his hands together and ordering a new Rolls!!

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Bl00dy good job. News like this is very encouraging.

vvaannmmaann said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/defence/6569206/Afghanistan-British-troops-in-Helmand-kill-80-Taliban-in-10-days-of-fighting.html
There is also another article in the paper aswell on page 27, although I cant find it online, about the kit used by the lads.

Theres nothing that hasn't been allready mentioned on arrse, however I did like the mention of the England flag pinned to the Hesco with all the patrols recorded and contacts with the enemy.

I imagine it will take pride of place somewhere after the tour.

How British is this.......

Lieutenant Colonel Roly Walker, the commanding officer of the Grenadier Guards Battle Group, said that his men were acting responsibly and had little choice but to open fire given the Taliban were attempting to overrun the base.

He said: "The Taliban have achieved nothing except send many of their number to their deaths. It is an absolute waste and it has happened night after night. I would dearly love to sit down and talk to these people and ask them what they think they are doing. It is serving no useful purpose at all but we must protect ourselves."

"It is serving no useful purpose at all but we must protect ourselves" i would of thought killing taliban was a useful purpose

Uladh said:
"It is serving no useful purpose at all but we must protect ourselves" i would of thought killing taliban was a useful purpose
i wonder if they all sat down and have a fine cup of tea and maybe some toast after a hard days killing of Mr Talibani :)

Latest Threads