8 year old dies of scurvy

News | Mail Online

Although this is a shocking case of how someone could die in this day and age in this country, of the disease, I can't help but feel the child in question,has had a lucky escape- could you imagine the bullying they would have received at high school due to the parents image?

A link to the article;

Parents of eight-year-old boy who allegedly died from scurvy appear in court charged with child neglect | Mail Online

This isn't shocking in the slightest - just more evidence of the thousands of parents in Britain that don't have the first clue how to look after and raise a healthy child. Looking at the state of the couple in the photo, it seems their own parents didn't have much of a clue either.

PS: I'd put money on them being brother and sister.
PPS: I hoped they'd eventually be revealed as a family of pirates, but they look a bit too fat for that.

D

Davetheclown

Dont judge a book by its cover, till the full facts are known about. They might look weird however they might have been loving parents. The child might have had a food fad, or had a disease or been failed by the school system, and local authorities.

Dont judge a book by its cover, till the full facts are known about. They might look weird however they might have been loving parents. The child might have had a food fad, or had a disease or been failed by the school system, and local authorities.
So, not the fault of the parents at all then? That sounds reasonable.
You really do live up to your name.

Actually Scurvy is on the rise in the UK, mainly as the latitude we live at (52degrees and up) doesn't provide enough Vit D from the Suns rays and eat enough Vit C stuff to avoid that and Rickets.

However on the plus side, this is something that in the majority of cases only affects Sooties and Packs etc, as they insist on eating the same muck as they ate back in sunny wherever, which is not the muck they should be eating in the UK. Here in Leicester, we have the odd Taliban adherent nutter who thinks this is just a plot by the white man to wipe out "kill them in their beds Muslims". The other plus side is that by insisting their Wimmins are covered from head to foot in bin liners, also assists both diseases.

Another plus to this story is that it also affects fertility as well which should assist in cutting down the numbers a bit, as well.

All in all a good news story then
That brown shirt of yours - which washing powder do you find best prevents fading? :-D

Actually Scurvy is on the rise in the UK, mainly as the latitude we live at (52degrees and up) doesn't provide enough Vit D from the Suns rays and eat enough Vit C stuff to avoid that and Rickets.

However on the plus side, this is something that in the majority of cases only affects Sooties and Packs etc, as they insist on eating the same muck as they ate back in sunny wherever, which is not the muck they should be eating in the UK. Here in Leicester, we have the odd Taliban adherent nutter who thinks this is just a plot by the white man to wipe out "kill them in their beds Muslims". The other plus side is that by insisting their Wimmins are covered from head to foot in bin liners, also assists both diseases.

Another plus to this story is that it also affects fertility as well which should assist in cutting down the numbers a bit, as well.

Nice bit of casual racism there, knobbus!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Christ, you're a ****.

D

Davetheclown

Boots DMS thank you for having the brevity to see both sides of the coin, I was using a device invented by the catholic church called Advocatus Dei,

thank you once again for highlighting my faults, how I managed to get pass puberty without your genuflections and wisdom is beyond me.

Dave

D

Deleted 20555

I'd have thought living on home cooked curries and things would make one less pikely to get scurvy? Speaking of which I could murder a vindaloo this morning....

The latitude we live at has nothing to do with scurvy so why mention it???? Is it so you can shoehorn racist comments in? Both scurvy and rickets are avoidable through appropriate diets. Casual racism can be cured by education of the ignorant.

So, not the fault of the parents at all then? That sounds reasonable.
You really do live up to your name.
I know and you know that vitamin c cures scurvy but you can't guarantee that these pair of pillocks know is the point I think he's trying to make. Ignorance is no excuse of course but at least they have indicated that they will plead guilty.

Do you wear a bicycle helmet and armbands when you are neither cycling or anywhere near a pool by any chance?

Dont judge a book by its cover, till the full facts are known about.
The 'full facts' are that their son has died. Parents are responsible for their childrens' diet, therefore they are at fault. No ifs, no buts.

They might look weird however they might have been loving parents.
They look very unkempt and extremely unhealthy, so it's not too harsh too suggest they didn't take a great interest in their son's health either, as evidenced by the fact he's just died.

The child might have had a food fad
Parents are at fault. Kids should never be allowed to dictate what they do and don't eat. No exceptions.

...or had a disease or been failed by the school system, and local authorities.
Yes of course, let's try and look for as many other people to blame this on as we possibly can.

I can only hope you don't have any kids.

News | Mail Online

Although this is a shocking case of how someone could die in this day and age in this country, of the disease, I can't help but feel the child in question,has had a lucky escape- could you imagine the bullying they would have received at high school due to the parents image?

FFS dont you know anything about PERSEC ? no more pics of me and the missus.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Just to Devil's advocate for a second as this is the Int Cell, there can be other causes of Scurvy other than diet, there are some genetic disorders which cause a malabsorbtion of Vit C.

For those of a more scientific bent than the Daily Mail.

Delanghe JR, Langlois MR, De Buyzere ML, Torck MA. Vitamin C deficiency and scurvy are not only a dietary problem but are codetermined by the haptoglobin polymorphism. Clin Chem. Aug 2007;53(8):1397-400.

This is quite an interesting case study, especially when read his usual diet, sounds fairly crap but not too unusual. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2567249/

"The report revealed a fairly consistent, regular, and habitual diet of coffee for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch (egg salad, ham and cheese, or peanut butter and banana) along with 2% milk. For dinner, the patient would normally eat either frozen dinners (mostly lasagna) or, on occasion, a small portion of steak, which he would cook himself. Snacks consisted mostly of crackers. He acknowledged drinking 8 to 10 beers per day"

Could quite easily have been a Cold War Warrior!

Boots DMS thank you for having the brevity to see both sides of the coin, I was using a device invented by the catholic church called Advocatus Dei,

thank you once again for highlighting my faults, how I managed to get pass puberty without your genuflections and wisdom is beyond me.

Dave
Think nothing of it. I'm here to serve.
Unfortunately your role as promotor iustitiae did was not apparent to me. I read you as an apologist willing to blame anyone but those responsible.