8 year old dies of scurvy

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by northern-matelot, Mar 23, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. News | Mail Online

Although this is a shocking case of how someone could die in this day and age in this country, of the disease, I can't help but feel the child in question,has had a lucky escape- could you imagine the bullying they would have received at high school due to the parents image?

[​IMG]

2. A link to the article;

Parents of eight-year-old boy who allegedly died from scurvy appear in court charged with child neglect | Mail Online

This isn't shocking in the slightest - just more evidence of the thousands of parents in Britain that don't have the first clue how to look after and raise a healthy child. Looking at the state of the couple in the photo, it seems their own parents didn't have much of a clue either.

PS: I'd put money on them being brother and sister.
    PPS: I hoped they'd eventually be revealed as a family of pirates, but they look a bit too fat for that.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dont judge a book by its cover, till the full facts are known about. They might look weird however they might have been loving parents. The child might have had a food fad, or had a disease or been failed by the school system, and local authorities.

• Like Like x 1
  4. So, not the fault of the parents at all then? That sounds reasonable.
    You really do live up to your name.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

That brown shirt of yours - which washing powder do you find best prevents fading? :-D

• Like Like x 5
  6. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Bye Robbeaus, it was nice not knowing you.

• Like Like x 13
  7. Nice bit of casual racism there, knobbus!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Christ, you're a ****.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Boots DMS thank you for having the brevity to see both sides of the coin, I was using a device invented by the catholic church called Advocatus Dei,

thank you once again for highlighting my faults, how I managed to get pass puberty without your genuflections and wisdom is beyond me.

Dave

10. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

I'd have thought living on home cooked curries and things would make one less pikely to get scurvy? Speaking of which I could murder a vindaloo this morning....

11. The latitude we live at has nothing to do with scurvy so why mention it???? Is it so you can shoehorn racist comments in? Both scurvy and rickets are avoidable through appropriate diets. Casual racism can be cured by education of the ignorant.

• Like Like x 3
  12. I know and you know that vitamin c cures scurvy but you can't guarantee that these pair of pillocks know is the point I think he's trying to make. Ignorance is no excuse of course but at least they have indicated that they will plead guilty.

13. Do you wear a bicycle helmet and armbands when you are neither cycling or anywhere near a pool by any chance?

• Like Like x 2