8 Year Bonus

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Big_Kahoona, Oct 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was due to get my 8 year bonus last month. I went in to see my clerks and they told me that they had to wait for the paperwork to arrive. I have been told by a few guys that the paperwork is now produced from jpa and that you no longer have to wait for the paperwork to come in. Can anyone shed any light on this matter please.
  2. Yep, 5 and 8 year bonuses are now administered by your Unit HR, or they should be, the forms were sent out on a JPA Op Notice informing Units that the bonuses were now to be initiated by the unit, it gave details of how to process the forms, my unit keeps a database, which I audit monthly, detailing all eligiable personnel and when they are due the 5 & 8, if they have had it, or if it has been applied for, this would explain why you have not recieved it, PM me tommorow and I will post details of the Op Bullitin.

3. Here is the relevant, spread sheet and forms my hoop, they have sent nothing to my unit:

ISSUE DATE: 12 May 2006
    TIME: 1000 BULLETIN NO: 0605

Issue Number Issue Summary Effective Date
    Commitment Bonus
    12 May 2006

On 01 April 2006, a new tri-service policy for Commitment bonuses was issued. The new policy is specified in JSP754 Chapter 7 Section 1. Notification of the policy was contained in a DIN in January 2006 (2006DIN02-025). The process for commitment bonuses will become a standard routine with payments made at the end of each month through the payroll system.

1. In accordance with JSP 754, Chapter 7, Section 1, Commitment Bonuses (CBs) are subject to TAX and National Insurance Contributions, and are made in return for a commitment to serve for a further specified period. CBs are used by the Services as a flexible measure to assist them in meeting their manning requirements

2. The following details how individuals are identified as eligible for a CB and the process that is to be followed to ensure that only those personnel who meet the satisfactory performance criteria, as detailed in JSP 754, Chapter 3, Section 5, receive the payments:

a. A monthly report run on JPA lists all individuals who will become eligible for a commitment bonus. This will normally be issued to indicate those individuals who will be eligible in 2 months time. The first report will be issued to units the week of 15 May.

b. The list of personnel eligible for a commitment bonus, including accompanying forms, is then distributed, by the JPAC, to the relevant Units for action. Although the interim solution for the form is to produce it as a Word Document (COMMITTAL BONUSES FORM ), an electronic version of the form will be generated by JPA in the future.

c. The accompanying form requires the Unit to make an assessment of the suitability of an individual, in terms of satisfactory performance. Those personnel who are recommended by their Units to receive a CB are to sign in accordance with JSP 754 Chapter 7 Annex A that they will undertake 2 years’ return of service (ROS). If that commitment is not met, a full repayment will be assessed.

d. All completed forms, regardless of whether the Unit has made a positive or negative recommendation, are to be returned to the JPAC Pay team in Glasgow, as indicated on the form.

e. On receipt of the completed forms, personnel recommended for commitment bonuses will be processed at the next available monthly payroll run.