8 year bonus

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by charlie_november, Sep 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me!

i am due my 8 year bonus mid feb as this is 8 years serving since my 18th birthday, however i start my commissioning course on the 3/2/10, im pretty sure i will loose this money, but would just like to know for sure!

any input would be appreciated, good or bad!!

thanx

2. loose money or lose money?

fine officer material

3. Yeah you have to give back!!!!!!

Do you wan the account number and name to who you pay it back to???

:D

4. CN - 8 years in and you still don't know how to get to your admin office and ask someone in your unit who knows? Are you sure you are 'commision' material? Just a thought.

5. Promoted and Posted springs to mind????

6. Whilst you are undergoing Officer Training you will still be a soldier until you actually commission (which is why officers had soldiers' numbers at Sandhurst in pre-JPA days) so your entitlement to your 8 year bonus should in all fairness be unaffected. The world is not always fair so I would check with your admin office and get something in writing if possible.

7. sounds good to me

8. Exactamundo Devex,

I hit my 8 year point while I was at the factory and fortunately for me I hit 8yrs comfortably prior to commissioning.

As Devex states you are a serving soldier until the clock strikes midnight on commissioning night so the entitlement is there for the taking. Just make sure it is swept up BEFORE you move to the dark side as retrospectively it may cause dramas.