8 year bonus

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Britlancer, Apr 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey, i qualify for my eight year bonus this year and just wondering if there are any admin jedis out there who may now roughly how much it is?
    I enlisted in 2000 at 16 hence why i only just qualify now from the reckonable service date etc, I know i wouldnt be on the new 15k scheme so any ideas???
    cheers

2. I think its about 5k according to the new AFPRB.

soldier_x

3. Cheers mucka!

4. If you are still on the old system, (one bonus at 5 years and another at 8 years) the 8 year bonus is £2500. You will end up with roughly £1600 after the tax man has had his bit

5. Straight from the 2009 AFPRB report.
    Paragraph 3.4 page 23

Recommendation 3: We endorse the new Commitment Bonuses from 1 April 2009
    for new entrants and those with less than 4 years’ service. We also endorse the
    transitional arrangements for the current scheme which increases the total bonus
    to £8,000 for those with between 4 and 8 years’ service.

soldier_x

6. Would this be applicable to those who have signed for their 5 year money? Or would the 8k be the two combined?

7. For those with reckonable service BEFORE 02 April 2004:

£3000 at 5 yr point (1 year ROS)

£5000 at 8 yr point (1 year ROS)

Both before tax.

The pay award is on ArmyNet (those after 02 April 05 get £15000 at 8 year point!!! :x )

8. Sorry, I'm being really thick, but since I joined in 2000 (like the above poster), and as such, have already signed for my 5 year money, will I get £5000 or £2500?

9. It will be £5000.

If you log onto ArmyNet and search for commitment bonus, the second result (ABN 12-09-Commitment Bonus Schemes) is what you want. There is a flow chart on the last page which helps to decide which scheme you are on.

10. E_T is right, you will get the £5000. I'm trying to upload the last page of the ABN but it says theres a problem just now.

11. Thanks both, that's a bit of a Brucey, as I was only expecting 2.5k!

And no, I'm not giving you a finder's fee! :D

12. Dammit!

13. Thanks to all that posted!!! quality news!

14. Hi A bit of advice needed i have served since oct 2000 this when i was 18 i took my 5 year bonus in to 2005 but i got out of the army for 11 months and rejoined i have stayed on the old scheme what am i due for my 8 year money? is it 2500 or 5000

THANKS.

15. Hopefully you'll get fcuk all. It's a commitment bonus. You got out and got back in, that's not being very committed is it? :p