8 more dead in Afghan - condolences only

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by leprecon, Jul 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. WORST DAY EVER! :cry:

On the 10 o'clock news now...

The Rifles Regiment this time...

RIP guys.
  2. I don't usually do these threads, but with such an appalling loss today, I feel moved to. A truly grim day for all. RIP those who have lost their lives today.
  3. Yes, just seen it. :cry:

RIP the casualties. Condolences to all those affected.
  4. Rest in Peace

Breaking News

10:06pm UK, Friday July 10, 2009
    Another five British soldiers have been killed in two separate explosions on the same foot patrol in Afghanistan as the death toll overtakes that of the Iraq War.

The soldiers, from the 2nd Battalion The Rifles, were killed near Sangin, Helmand Province, this morning.

Their deaths bring the total number of UK military personnel killed in the country since 2001 to 184.

Next of kin have been informed.

The news comes just hours after three others died in separate incidents in what has been one of the darkest days for British armed forces fighting in Afghanistan

5. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Understand that this thread is restricted to condolences only. This is not the time and place for emotionally charged commentary. The media are watching us.
  6. RIP

Just seen it minutes after posting about the RTR guy.F**K!
  7. Jesus christ. This is absoloutely horrendous.

Extremely grim day.. RIP :(
  8. Another five on top of the three already notified.

A heavy day for our brave troops.

RIP lads, stand down and make your way to Valhalla; you've earned your place.
  9. Very very sad news RIP lads
  10. Rest in Peace one and all. Thoughts and prayers to both colleagues and comrades.

A grim day yet again.
  11. RIP

My thoughts and prayers for the family, friends and comrades of the fallen.

What a terrible day.
  12. RIP guys :cry:
  13. A mate gave me the heads up about this earlier today, so when the 7 o'clock news was reporting about how the death toll had matched that of Iraq, it was so sad knowing that there were more deaths to report. This has been an utterly dreadful 10 days and my heart goes out to all those families and friends that are mourning their loved ones. My sincere condolences to them all.

Rest In Peace, brave souls.