8 Illegal Immigrants Working In Barracks

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Jan 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

This beggars belief! Makes you wonder how many more illigals are working elsewhere with access to who knows what! :evil:
    I hope the tw@ who hired them gets the boot but can he be prosecuted?

2. And you are fcuking surprised?
  3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

No,Not really.Nothing this wet excuse for a gov & their 'contrctors' (nudge,nudge,wink wink) suprises me anymore.Just makes me angry.
  4. Are there any in the Cabinet, I wonder
  5. So will we dropping the Sodexho account, then as they are an obvious security problemm?????
  6. There are some quite tough penalties for employing illegal workers. Unlimited Fines & up to two years in Prison.

Hope the Sodexho Directors are hit very hard indeed & an example made of them.

It's an absolute disgrace.
  7. From that Independent report quoted above:
    I'm sure that this vast army also operates the Immigration Services and staffs the security function at our major London airports. I always look to see whether the percentage of English men and women in these posts has risen or fallen when I transit; I'm always depressed as it hovers around 1%. Still, I'm sure that they're all essentially loyal to Queen and Country.

Interestingly, This isn't the case at either of the Belfast airports, where there's not a burqa in sight. The staffs' loyalty there to Queen and Country is likewise assured, no doubt.
  8. Nope I think not however we will continue to award them more contracts. For instance like these:

Some interesting info on Sodexho here:

I am on the outrage bus. Fcuking scandalous!
  9. :!: 'illegal immigrants' and 'PAYD' on the same thread :!:

8O meltdown 8O :D
  10. If they have been arrested and told they will be deported, I expect they will all be back at work on Monday then.
  11. Good innit :twisted:
  12. How the hell does this go on?? The company I work for holds recruitment interview days where those that have applied for jobs come into the office with all supporting documentation, passports, visas etc. whilst they are doing the basic numeracy and literacy tests, all paperwork is scanned on a special machine that actually detects counterfeit paperwork. Now we are a small company, so if we can afford this, surely a company the size of Sodexo can easily afford it too. It's easy to use and works well, we had 88 candidates last month, 6 of which got carted off by the City of London's finest.
  13. They may not have the keys to the armoury but that wouldn't stop them bringing in something nasty, be it explosives or something to add to the food. You could effectively bring down an entire regiment with something as simple as sh!t in the food.

A bit like what sodexo do anyway.
  14. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Nearly all of the job interviews I have attended have recently have asked for my Photo ID & NI Number,Nearly all of the recruitment companies I've registered have asked for valid passport &/or long Birth Certificate & all the job apps I've filled in have asked am I allowed to work in the UK.