8 Cleared of murder during riots in Birmingham & PC cleared of Ian Tomlinson death

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by cavemandave, Jul 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 8 Men cleared of murder of 3 men during riots in Birmingham, and also PC Harwood cleared of Manslaughter of Ian Tomlinson during G20 protests.

The perfect storm to spark further disorder and riots this summer?? =\\\\

Birmingham riots: judge appeals for calm as eight cleared of murder
    Eight men cleared by jury of 'deliberately running down' Haroon Jahan, Shazad Ali and Abdul Musavir, who were protecting local businesses during last summer’s riots in Birmingham.

Birmingham riots: judge appeals for calm as eight cleared of murder - Telegraph

Police officer Simon Harwood was today cleared of killing newspaper seller Ian Tomlinson during the G20 protests in London in 2009 as concerns about previous allegations of violence emerged.

Police officer Simon Harwood cleared of killing Ian Tomlinson - Telegraph

2. It has emerged that the Senior Investigating Officer was called a liar in open court by the Judge (Red Judge = High Court) who has ordered an IPCC investigation, I have never heard of something like this before in a court.

I always felt that the prosecution was politically motivated (how the **** can you the charge passengers with murder especially in the third and last car) and I suspect that a huge bag of politically correct shite is just about to be dumped outside the West Mids Head Shed office.

3. Woof!

4. This is you I take it......

[​IMG]

5. Be interesting to see what happens in Handsworth/Lozells this evening

6. Wall to wall coppers down in Winson Green by all accounts.

School holidays start tomorrow so welcome to the English rioting season.

7. They haven't needed much of an excuse to kick off in the past in these areas. Especially between certain sections of the community.

8. Something will happen, probably this weekend.

Important grown up 'Respeck' type issues need addressing in the only way these intellectuals understand.

Just decided to clean up the No4 and check my ammo.

9. Someone got off in court!!!!

Unbelievable! Gnash gnash foam foam, gibber!

• Like Like x 1
  10. If the Police are busy send G4S into the area, they will keep the peace, after all they have 57million from the Olympics.

11. Yes I am aware, amazing innit?

Shite Police investigation and naughtiness from the CPS seem to be the main reasons.

8 men in three separate cars all charged with common purpose murder.

Everybody in Brum knew they would walk, the only question around here is "What the **** were the coppers thinking of ?"

Maybe they just wanted to lose, can't think of any other explanation for this ****ing idiotic waste of public money.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Interesting.......

'Hero' father who called for calm after son was mowed down and killed in the riots is charged after alleged road rage attack
    Tariq Jahan accused of breaking driver's jaw and knocking out two of his teeth
    He was honoured at Pride of Britain awards this week

Read more: Tariq Jahan: Father who called for calm during riots is charged after 'road rage attack' | Mail Online

Father spared jail for road rage attack after judge praised him for helping prevent 'serious disorder' during summer riots
    Tariq Jahan was found guilty of inflicting grievous bodily harm at Birmingham Court Court after a three-day trial
    He had sobbed in the dock as he recounted how his son died in riots
    After the death of Haroon, 21, last August, he had appealed for peace hours
    Mr Jahan was accused of grabbing Sajjad Ali by the throat last July
    Mr Ali was treated for jaw fractures and lost two teeth

Read more: Tariq Jahan escapes jail for road rage attack after judge praised him for help during summer riots | Mail Online

13. No mate! It's more a "WOAH - That's a hell of a thing to be said in court!"

That's serious! Not long since some Scottish bloke went down for perjury, is it?

(But I am stealing that picture!)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pretty unprecedented I would suggest.

The trial dropped out of the media for some substantial amount of time, most people suspected it had gone tits up at that point.

Glad you like the pic, make a good avatar for some handsome chap methinks.

15. Clenched fists and champagne as eight cleared of riot night killing that led to father’s plea for peace
    Haroon Jahan, Shazad Ali and Abdul Musavir were protecting local businesses when they were killed last August

Ryan Goodwin, Shaun Flynn, Juan Ruiz-Gaviria, Joshua Donald, Everton Graham, Adam King, Ian Beckford and Aaron Parkins were cleared today
    Police and CPS forced to defend bringing prosecution

Eight men on trial for murdering three others during rioting last summer walked free from court to whoops and cheers yesterday – after jurors were told the detective in charge of the investigation ‘lied’ on oath.
    The defendants were sprayed with champagne as they emerged from Birmingham Crown Court after a jury took four hours to dismiss the three murder charges against each man.
    Following the verdict, judge Mr Justice Flaux appealed for calm on the streets as police said extra officers would be deployed at the first sign of any trouble.

Read more: Eight men cleared of mowing down three friends in 'chariot charge' killing during height of riots as judge appeals for calm | Mail Online