8 Bombers caught laying IED killed in Basra

It's good to hear of us jitting back and acting as a deterrent but I'm quite sure the guys have slotted many more who we don't hear about.

Isnt it good to hear good news, well done lads.

GDav said:
It's good to hear of us jitting back and acting as a deterrent but I'm quite sure the guys have slotted many more who we don't hear about.
Nevertheless, this is a very welcome antidote to the sad behaviour of the "frightened fifteen". It is really good to know that the Army can deliver the goods - their activities should be much more widely publicised... can anybody out there with influence at least make sure it gets on the MoD web site? I've done what I can here.

Nice one - excellent deterrent

The topic title said: 'Eight caught'.

The report said: 'Eight killed'.

Well done either way, - very well done.

However, if it is 'eight killed', stand by for the recriminations from the 'human rights' brigade (lawyers with good connections!) and from our political leaders (with connections to human rights lawyers - neat?).

Between them they will almost certainly insist on the trial of all involved in the 'killing'.

lsquared said:

Well done either way, - very well done.

However, if it is 'eight killed', stand by for the recriminations from the 'human rights' brigade (lawyers with good connections!) and from our political leaders (with connections to human rights lawyers - neat?).

Between them they will almost certainly insist on the trial of all involved in the 'killing'.
'I can hear the solicitor scum now, these innocent eight angels were walking down the street carry explosive devices when attacked by..................'

For the record My Lord Good fcuking riddance.

Richard_North said:
GDav said:
Nevertheless, this is a very welcome antidote to the sad behaviour of the "frightened fifteen". It is really good to know that the Army can deliver the goods - their activities should be much more widely publicised... can anybody out there with influence at least make sure it gets on the MoD web site? I've done what I can here.
There's no doubt in my mind that our army can deliver mate.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Result :!:

Well done.

GDav said:
Richard_North said:
GDav said:
This report and also the one yesterday from Yon, the former U.S. SF chap turned Blog Writer/Reporter have come at a very good time on the back of the '15' and at least shows the British ARMY is as Professional and Competent on the ground as it always has been... Good Effort lads, same area, same kind of attack, without a doubt the murderers from the other day have had their just rewards...

Gundulph said:
GDav said:
Richard_North said:
GDav said:
This report and also the one yesterday from Yon, the former U.S. SF chap turned Blog Writer/Reporter have come at a very good time on the back of the '15' and at least shows the British ARMY is as Professional and Competent on the ground as it always has been... Good Effort lads, same area, same kind of attack, without a doubt the murderers from the other day have had their just rewards...
Totally agree like good news like the above reports.

Great news! More of it, I say.

Two IED teams taken out, small figures on the grand scale of things but a step in the right direction.

Get in there! :D :D :D :D :D

I was driving along when I heard this news and gave it a really big smile ... great frigging great.. at last..

lsquared said:
Hey, Mr Smartass - They were 'caught' in the act of laying two IEDs. As a result of that, they were 'killed'.

How's that for ya, eh?

Next time, YOU post the good news, OK?

Plunderer

Richard_North said:
GDav said:
Good piece on the BBC News at Ten - some footage and reports of both CR2 main armament & artillery being used - a rather pleasingly kinetic response to some nasty scrotes. I don't know how the majority of Baswaris view BRITFOR these days but, certainly in the past, the more moderate majority of the population (who carry no can for the extremism of the Mehdi Army) would have been disappointed and surprised if we had done anything else. Let's hope it cramps the style of the baddies and prevents another nasty summer - but that's quite a big hope, I suppose.

Either way, I'm sure morale in the Battlegroups has picked up a little.

These IED teams are trained by the Iranians. By killling them it should slow the Mehdi army IED effort a bit. They also learn that laying EFP/IED's is not a risk free proposition.

Latest Threads