8,000 soldiers called up to police next year's London Olympic Games

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by misterp, Aug 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 7
  1. At last, a use for LONDIST.

2. Journalism reporting a high ranking insider or some bloke in a suit, and an MoD spokesman, if a real Spokesman they have a name, having said that I will volunteer myself to look after Jessica Ennis

3. Blokes have been getting trawled for this for at least 3 months.

4. Clever way to decide future redundancies, never volunteer for anything!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. 'twas always so

6. Well between that and Conrad Cock, just 7,998 to go then. And all before victory is declared in Afghan in 2015 as well.

7. £10 to HoH if we make it through the 2012 Olympics without one of the following somewhere in the UK:

1)Riots.

2)Mumbai-style or CBRN attack.

3)Someone going Full Norwegian.

8. Some of those may be preventable if we prevent armed police shooting each other at stop and searches

• Like Like x 3
  9. And as a cost saving measure the US has let us have that splendid "Mission Accomplished" banner that Dubya posed in front of so courageously. ( I do apologise, I haven't taken my anti-cynicism tablets today and there is no ready access to booze.)

10. I heard it was actually 11000...and may even involve the TAs

11. Reform the Home Service Force with the OLD & BOLD.

Issue real weapons, SLR's, Bren LMG, Sterling SMG etc.

(Takes cover, awaits incoming!!).

12. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

To be honest, i have thought for a while that this might be a useful thing for the TA - instead of two weeks in Cyprus/catterick/dartmoor etc, have the annual camp at the olympic venues.

I am not talking about the TA doing some kind of armed response, that (rightly) is the role of the police primarily, and SF/regular troops. The TA troops could be useful local security/stewards etc in the same way the armed forces have done at Wimbledon etc (apart from on a MUCH smaller scale!)

13. Wtf is an, "airborne sniper", when it's at home?

• Like Like x 1