7rifles, information please!

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by cbr, Oct 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. cbr

cbr Swinger

Hello there, Ive got a few questions, after a quick search I couldn't find what I'm looking for so here it goes!

To cut a long story short, I've recently been discharged from the rifles whilst at catterick, I passed all exercises/assessments up to final ex/warcop. Stupidly I managed to bust my knee just before deploying on final ex!

Ive kept my fitness up and my knee is pretty much sorted. I've been told I can rejoin, and I don't have to wait a certain period of time, and 7 rifles (e coy) have taken my fancy!

would I go back to catterick for a few weeks?
    What are the chances of me getting on a tour?
    What does E coy get upto on drill nights/weekends?
    And are they even recruiting at the moment?!

Any input would be appreciated

Cheers

2. Yes
    Near certain
    A question asked by the rest of 7 Rifles
    Yes

3. Drill.

Sigh!

4. Send me a PM and ill try to answer your questions, im in the process of trying to transfer to E Coy myself.

5. cbr

cbr Swinger

cheers for the replies, good to hear they are recruiting.
    coxy 93, pm sent.

are there any blokes from e coy on this forum? would like to hear a bit about 7rifles.

7. Some might rule this out given that if the location of E Coy ( Milton Keynes) works for him, West Ham juuuuust possibly might not.

I could be wrong.

8. cbr

cbr Swinger

Yeah, e coy is the closest (i think) i live about 30mins from Northampton so Milton keynes is best for me.

9. Or head up to HQ coy in Reading, where the real men reside.

10. cbr

cbr Swinger

A bit far I'm afraid! How often do 7rifles go out on the ranges/ex? Is that what normally happens on weekends?

I've had a look through the TA section of the site but all I seem to find is regs vs TA banter haha!

11. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

sorry i thought yew said TRIFLES and i am in the wrong thread

• Like Like x 2
  12. Royal Anglian have a coy in Northampton.

13. Your best bet is to speak the PSAO whom will get a copy of your service record, provided you can meet the minimum medical standards the chances are you'll be allowed a waiver for Phase 1 and Phase 2 all over again, although its best to hear it from the horses mouth, but thats what I imagine will happen, as for operational tours it depends what you can bring to the table, mate of mine from Swindon is on an FTRS at Cyprus for his medical skills and thats just from being a st. johns ambulance volunteer for years

14. So you're guessing. Don't.

Pooh.

If you think Rob is there because of St Johns, you're mistaken.