Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

77 Brigade used to quash rumours and disinformation..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where about might I find those letters? I’m not going to ask you to put links to them up. I only ask as you state they were written to the EU and the UN (I’m assuming as open letters) and would therefore have an author(s). How did you come across them?

Edited to add; I also believe in the freedoms we enjoy and more importantly respect why we have them however, and this isn’t aimed at you, not everything is a conspiracy. Sometimes an unwieldy spade is just a spade.
Of course: Resolution 1815 of the Council of Europe..... The general thread is its theoretical and i suppose its less were going to catch fire, or covid, but more the long term effects as the masts will be clustered closer together, i'm sure body scanners in airports are safe, but would you want one in your living room.

Polyester

War Hero
Of course: Resolution 1815 of the Council of Europe..... The general thread is its theoretical and i suppose its less were going to catch fire, or covid, but more the long term effects as the masts will be clustered closer together, i'm sure body scanners in airports are safe, but would you want one in your living room.
Cheers. I’ll take a look.

If - as seems likely - there is some substance to the allegation that DHSC created fake nurse identities on social media to send out messages about Coronavirus then politicians have moved on from discrediting stories to making them.

Seems fair enough to me; the media appear to have had no qualms over having taken up the mantle of holding the government to account instead of the Opposition.

Conspiracy theorists should relax. Arrse offers more than enough proof that 77X has no ability to quash rumour and disinformation
I am old fashioned and my ordered mind does intensely reject the idea its a brigade..... Why not create a cell, room, bureau or company. Didn't a certain austrian have a penchant for calling things divisions which consisted of a half dozen volksturm and a panzerfaust.

I am old fashioned and my ordered mind does intensely reject the idea its a brigade..... Why not create a cell, room, bureau or company. Didn't a certain austrian have a penchant for calling things divisions which consisted of a half dozen volksturm and a panzerfaust.
Because it will have a 1* Comd, preferably someone who knows something about infosec, info ops, and cyber. There's loads of 'em.

Probably the same source as everyone elses i.e. the 2017 and 2019 letters to the EU and UN.. The unproven nature of the concern, doesn't immediatly invalidate the potential problem + as an exRTG, to steal a pun from pre-war the wave(bomber) will always get through.

I am sidetracked somewhat as my original post with regards liberty and believing what you ever you want is the cornerstone of democracy. Take that pillar away, then we are not free.

I get your point. However, don't falsely shout fire in a crowded theatre for the risk of patrons getting crushed in the stampede.

Having differing opinions is proper and right in a free and democratic society. And provided these are based in credible arguments and facts.

The problem is a-holes who come out with cranky beliefs, misinformation, conspiracy theories, etc., You could ask 'well what's wrong with that?'. Some of it could be harmless such as believing in fairies and flat earth. But unfortunately some of it isn't, such as:

The moon landings never happened. Nutters then hound Buzz Aldrin Man punched by Buzz Aldrin STILL says moon landing was fake
MMR vaccines are bad. Count the cost later when your kids are affected.
The victims of the Sandy Hook shootings are fake and their parents are then hounded by CTers calling crises actors. FACT CHECK: Crisis Actors Uncovered?
Pizzagate leading to one nutter turning up with a gun to do 'research' into the non-existent child abuse ring.
5G will cause people to die so burn down the towers.
No-one died on 9/11. All the victims were fake and the crises actors were later bumped off/now living anonymously with fake identities. Take your pick.
The helicopter crash in Glasgow never happened.
Lee Rigby didn't die/was a crises actor/was a CGI/it's a plot to pit raise fear in the public and therefore control.

There's loads more of that sort of crap.

So it's important to counter false narratives where there's a major risk to safety and security. As well as stopping people just being effin idiots, as a for instance belief in flat earth apparently increased a few years ago, the culprit being the internet. Harmless? Maybe. But not for some.

I get your point. However, don't falsely shout fire in a crowded theatre for the risk of patrons getting crushed in the stampede.

Having differing opinions is proper and right in a free and democratic society. And provided these are based in credible arguments and facts.

The problem is a-holes who come out with cranky beliefs, misinformation, conspiracy theories, etc., You could ask 'well what's wrong with that?'. Some of it could be harmless such as believing in fairies and flat earth. But unfortunately some of it isn't, such as:

The moon landings never happened. Nutters then hound Buzz Aldrin Man punched by Buzz Aldrin STILL says moon landing was fake
MMR vaccines are bad. Count the cost later when your kids are affected.
The victims of the Sandy Hook shootings are fake and their parents are then hounded by CTers calling crises actors. FACT CHECK: Crisis Actors Uncovered?
Pizzagate leading to one nutter turning up with a gun to do 'research' into the non-existent child abuse ring.
5G will cause people to die so burn down the towers.
No-one died on 9/11. All the victims were fake and the crises actors were later bumped off/now living anonymously with fake identities. Take your pick.
The helicopter crash in Glasgow never happened.
Lee Rigby didn't die/was a crises actor/was a CGI/it's a plot to pit raise fear in the public and therefore control.

There's loads more of that sort of crap.

So it's important to counter false narratives where there's a major risk to safety and security. As well as stopping people just being effin idiots, as a for instance belief in flat earth apparently increased a few years ago, the culprit being the internet. Harmless? Maybe. But not for some.
Conspiracy exists and have always existed. The theory that nero burned rome is probably fake news and conspiracy. It flows from a lack of trust in government and that licences the crackpots and as you say the players.

Then again, a psychologist, would probably argue that trying to quash a crackpot theory only feeds the paranoia. What would be better is restoring faith in democracy and government, that takes the air out of the players and the crackpots fade away.

Dunno. Perhaps because it makes us look like a lot.

(someone who knows Spike Milligan's memoirs may wish to complete the joke...)
As an ex servicemen, my antenna would probably suggest its called a brigade to provide another promotion slot and a rank appropriate to dealing with more senior people..... IF the UK Gov was serious it should be entirely clandestine and we already have that in GCHQ, so I am at a loss to its association with the military.

Aaahh, you have seen through the cunning plan. Bdes plural = divisions; divisions plural = "tier one army" or somesuch nonsense.

DTBA

War Hero
You won't get that discussion in the open - ever.
Don't say ever. All it might take is for one high profile incident and a lot would go into the public domain. Or a change of government down the line.

Key phrases like "hybrid warfare" (or whatever the flavour of the month is) won't cut it when someone in a senior civilian government capacity asks why, exactly, Army personnel have been used in this way. I'm not saying it's going to happen or that the whole things a bad idea, but in my view it gets a bit too close to things that shouldn't be an Army tasking on the UK mainland.

In short, is there anything they bring to the table that any number of other groups don't? If so, does that thing outweigh the political risk? Of course, someone much smarter (and better paid, and more respectable, and other things) than me has decided that it does. But it does smell a bit. This isn't like using SAS troopers to assist in police counter terrorism operations. It's a lot fuzzier by its very nature and if handled poorly it could trash the Army's reputation.

Aaahh, you have seen through the cunning plan. Bdes plural = divisions; divisions plural = "tier one army" or somesuch nonsense.
So when we invade Russia, it'll be the RMAS Senior Division up front with the RMAS Junior Division to the left and the JSCSC Army Division to the right. The Household Division will be rear, supported by 6 Division.

These Divisions will be split into the Intelligence Corps and the Royal Army Physical Training Corps.

Finally, it will all be commanded at 4* level by the Salvation Army.

DTBA

War Hero
So when we invade Russia, it'll be the RMAS Senior Division up front with the RMAS Junior Division to the left and the JSCSC Army Division to the right. The Household Division will be rear, supported by 6 Division.

These Divisions will be split into the Intelligence Corps and the Royal Army Physical Training Corps.

Will there be medals? Or for 77Bde, Steam vouchers and Games Workshop discount cards.

Don't forget the XXX formation that is the UOTC. Thats sounds very much like an Army Group in total. Cue FM Carter.

Easy to counter the flat earth myth, if the earth was really flat cats would have pushed everything off it by now

Try and dispute that mufa's...

Will there be medals? Or for 77Bde, Steam vouchers and Games Workshop discount cards.

They'll just promise to not to release the videos showing they still live with their mum, and that one time their parents joined them LARPing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads