75 to 75 rejoin

Buckers34

Clanker
Hi guys good info out there, apologies if this info is out there, I've had a little search but I'm on my mobile atm.

I joined Oct 96' I left Jan 03' I then rejoined Oct 03' due to leave Oct 18'

So I stayed on the 75 pension scheme.

So by Oct 18' I'd have served 21 yrs 3 mths reconable service.

I applied for VENG and didn't get it, I was told I hadn't served long enough as my previous service hadn't been taken into account.

After studying the redundancy DIN in great detail I was confident I'd receive an IM and a sizable pension as I left and rejoined on the same pension scheme.

Having recently done a normal pension calc as in not redundancy calc, I realise that it seems that when I leave I won't be eligible for an IM when I leave.

I've also looked at applying for VENG again or try to add an extra 2 yrs cont, but from what I see it's trade specific and I need to apply in my last 2 yrs.

Also having read the redundancy DIN it seemed that I should apply to aggregate my service, which I did and I got a reply saying that "upon discharge", my service would be aggregated.

Basically what I'm asking is what do I need to do to get an IM? Thanks in adv.

I am right

Clanker
you need to write to APC and confirm they have aggregated your service then get your RCMO to get you an extension for the extra 8 months, why is your discharge Oct 18??? if you rejoined why are you not on an open engagement that you can serve 22 year.??

Buckers34

Clanker
APC confirmed my aggregation in writing last yr. According to JPA I joined Oct 2003 and my discharge date is Oct 2018.

I was a bit naive when I rejoined, I was more desperate to rejoin than thinking about anything else. When I rejoined the guy in the careers office was an ex colleague who told me that it would just be like I had been on unpaid leave, so stupidly I just went on what he said. I'm sure he said it on his own assumption rather than anything concrete.

My OC has ensured that I've been reccomended for VENG Long on my current SJAR.

I am right

Clanker
I believe there is a soldier employment board in May 2015, so hopefully you will get extra veng, A good RCMO and CO should be able to get you the extra time for your pension. In your situation I would approach my RCMO and see what he/she can do, at the very least he could contact your manning desk and see if they can extend you before the SEB or get some feed back from them to see if you will get the extention on the SEB anyway

Good luck.

Buckers34

Clanker
Ladies gents a bit of an update; I applied for my extra service to be added to give me a full career, it has now been added. I then asked my OC to speak to my desk officer to see if I could get VEng, which I got!

Now I have the required amount of service left just to be able to transfer to Systems Analyst which I've wanted to do ever since I found out about it 5 years ago!

So I have 5 yrs 6 months with a strong possibility of further service!

I'd like to thank you all for your advice its made a huge difference!

Latest Threads