75 The New Middle Age?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Your_Mums_Pal, Mar 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is on BBC 1 Scotland right now, just wondering if any of you are watching or planning to grab it on catch up.

BBC News - With Scots living longer, is 75 the new middle age?

Simple concept that I think applies to the whole of the UK rather than Scotland. Are we living longer? To the extent where the average age of expiration is actually going to rise. It technically means living comfortably at an older age. I just wonder if any ARRSERs (knowing you're all old cnuts) have taken any notice of this. The program (if you can get it on iplayer) is pretty simple but the idea itself is interesting.

My dad had a funny way of looking at this. He's in his 50s and always claims that Scotland, and eventually the entire UK, is going to be a massive national retirement home with a roof over it. One half of the population will be elderly/disabled and the other half will be social workers looking after them!
  2. 75 will only become the 'new middle age' on my 74th birthday. Until then it'll remain the age of useless coffin dodgers who just get in the way.
  3. As a youngster in my mid '50s, yes of course middled aged is 70+.
  4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Time for me yet then!!

See Porridge Gun & Flashy, I am too young to be a coffin-dodger :)
  5. Anyone over 35 is bloody old in my book.

6. Which books that then? Janet & John?
  7. No Kipper, Chip and Biff

8. That takes me back...their magic key was well good.
  9. Well... as long as I can still get 'wood', and Matron is willing............................. I know I'm sick and should be taking me Meds again before bed...