73 Engineer Regiment

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by hetfield, Mar 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

Im thinking of joining one of my local ta units 73 Engineer Regiment being one of them. is a civvy trade required in a ta engineer unit? if not what sort of jobs will be open to me? also is anyone here a member of 73 Engineer Regiment? if so, are they anygood?

129 Squadron in bilborough (nottm)

2. Is of my understanding that you can be a combat engineer in the TA without a trade

3. Sorry to resurrect an old thread -

When in the year are Phase Two Royal Engineer courses usually conducted?

Thanks in advance

4. FFS! Recruit training is the sual RTC weekends then 2 wek depot coure, 0-3 Cbt, 3-2 is conducted at least twice yarly iweymouth and the 2-12 annually in Gib Bks.

73 are proud to have 'the Beast' as one of their members! Hailing from 575 Sqn this hacking piece kit also known as UBIN. Rumour has it she got pumped on the Weymouth Prom in April!

Find out the culprit and give him a medal! I think he is from 591.

They do however wear possibly the most Webbo Bridgade flash ever! The polar bear floating on a glacier mint badge! They had blokes on H14 with 32 Armd, 26 Sqn i think?

Overall not a bad bunch!

5. Trying to think who the beast may be? Does her last name begin with B?

73 were a really good regiment I certainly regret my Sqn being posted out to form 72, F******* C****s. As for the badge on the arm, we have it on our ties, being the original divisional engineers. Does look gash on the arm though.

They apparently have some blokes with 24 Cdo Regt out there now.

6. Was your local school used as an Election Polling Station every day that you were growing up?

7. Of course.... Comes from Iceland early 40's. The mints badge came from the division, not the other way around.

8. Ref the Beast,,thats a big WWAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! with regards to the letter 'B'.

9. Actually no it wasnt now bore off Sheeps Teeth you savage CHEGWIN!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. just joined the 73 engrs

11. Hmm, would her initials be LH?

12. Negatron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!