72-year-old ex-soldier chased alleged bomber

72-year-old ex-soldier chased alleged bomber
Daily Telegraph
Link
A 72-year-old former soldier, who trained in ammunitions testing, defied his age to chase one of the alleged July 21 bombers as he fled from the London Underground, a court heard today.

Arthur Burton-Garbett, from Morden, chased the man from the Northern Line tube train down the platform and halfway up an escalator before stopping because he had "run out of steam", he told the court.

Woolwich Crown Court also heard today how an off-duty fireman confronted the alleged bomber on the train.

Six men, Ramzi Mohammed, 25, Yassin Omar, 26, Muktar Ibrahim, 28, Hussain Osman, 28, Manfo Asiedu, 33, and Adel Yahya, 24, all from London, deny conspiracy to murder and conspiracy to cause explosions.

An off-duty fireman today told the court of the moment one of the alleged July 21 bombers partially detonated a rucksack bomb on a busy London tube train.

Angus Campbell described how Ramzi Mohammed started shouting and swearing when the device went off incorrectly, then kept saying "this is wrong, this is wrong".

Mr Campbell told Woolwich Crown Court that he had been "cowed" by the loud explosion on the Northern Line between Stockwell and Oval, then engulfed in smoke.
Well done that man!

Arrse tie for Mr. Burton-Garbett?

Saw the news last night - I take my hat off to the Fireman and Mr Burton - Garbet.

Pity the fireman didn't fill him in while he had the chance - but then again he would have probably got banged up for assault while the suicide bomber gets off with a technicality.

coax-on said:
Saw the news last night - I take my hat off to the Fireman and Mr Burton - Garbet.

Pity the fireman didn't fill him in while he had the chance - but then again he would have probably got banged up for assault while the suicide bomber gets off with a technicality.
I know hindsight is a funny thing, but i cant help thinking that i (like many others im sure)wouldn't have stopped pushing my thumbs thru that cnuts eye sockets until i was whacked with a piece of 4 by 2! The same goes for highjacked airliners now. They have set a precendent here too. Fizzing backpacks = filling in of feckwits 'til the BT Police cs gas me!
A fcuking lynching on the platform might have changed that cnuts mind about being a 'Holy Warrior'
Allah Akhbar that Mo' Fo'
I really hope Life means Life and those scrots never see the outside of a cell again.
:pissedoff: .......and breathe

Thought the fireman was very brave - got the woman and child out of the carriage, shielding them with his body, but then stayed behind to confront/ contain the nutter. Hope that this receives some recognition in the shape of a medal, but fear only footer fu*1wits and "celebs" are deemed "heroic" these days.

Latest Threads