70yo RM Falklands Vet isn't buried alone.

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by chocolate_frog, Feb 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

That would make me and many thousands of other falklands vets as well then. Lets face it he went there but there wasnt any fighting so a poor headline even if the story was a nice one!
  2. Who is he buried with then?
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Why does every military funeral these days turn into a pseudo hells angels sausage fest ?

4. **** knows but it's very crass.

If any of those motorcycling ***** rock up at my funeral I expect my NOK to lay a snap ambush and string piano wire at neck height across the road.
    • Like Like x 5
  5. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Because there is a bikers branch of The Legion.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

So should there be a gamekeepers branch where we turn up blowing hunting horns and wearing tweed? Unneccesary show offs!
    • Like Like x 9
  7. I like the story and the thought behind it. However, the sad thing is, for every "Jimmy" there will be thousand of others (ex military or not) who will have a "paupers" funeral each year, attended only by the presiding minister and the coffin bearers. Twas ever thus and no amount of hand wringing will change that.
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Suits me, I dont want you feckers turning up at mine
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Im confused by the story, on one hand it says he died alone and nobody knew him, on the other it says he was known as "Jimmy" and drove a bus.
  10. He was SBS. special bus service. No one knew him because he always wore a balaclava or black nasty.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Did he retire as a driver with a conductors pension?
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Your not wrong, I don't see the whole point of rocking up with a crappy chrome tractor at a servicemans funeral. I guess it's one of those 'Look at us, I'm a cowboy, a steel horse I ride' affair....twats.

I'm a member of the RLBR and my branch is the riders branch but I have never and will never attend a ride / meet due to the whole Harley wankinson attitude.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. And who was the ****** in blues with the gold over blue hackle in his beret. Looked like an old RCT badge, but couldn't make it out.
    Notwithstanding that, he looked about 19 and I'm sure he was (brace yourselves)......................GINGER.
  14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Which pic was that in?