.700 WTF cal rifle for hunting dinosaur.........do want.

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
I just had to, I couldn't help myself

Attachments

ugly

LE
Mongo and I had the joy of a .50 in a necked out (basically shortened) .338 case for an AI. I wouldnt want to fire it subsonic and suppressed!

Is there many dinosaurs in the USA, and is it legal to hunt them?

Just asking like, otherwise why make a rifle (and single shot bolt action at that, so you better hit it first time) for hunting T Rex?
Legal to hunt them in some states, 524 permits issued each year by lottery. Lottery fee $15 and permit is $52 if you win on the lottery. Season varies but this year is October 7th - November 10th to ensure hunting is after the female nesting season.

In case you are wondering, they taste a lot like chicken, very tasty with a teriyaki marinade and grilled slowly.

ACAB

LE
a tad top heavy,, not seen that setup,, take it its a nightsight or somesuch.
It has an IWS atop, Individual Weapon Sight which was transferable between the SLR, GPMG and, believe it or not, the 84mm MATW. Everything showed up as an electric green colour and it hummed, though not a recognisable tune. I've not seen the GPMG bipod legs on an SLR before though. And yes, it was heavy, awkward and the only night sight available for us in the 70s and 80s.

Mongo and I had the joy of a .50 in a necked out (basically shortened) .338 case for an AI. I wouldnt want to fire it subsonic and suppressed!
As a matter of interest -what would be the problem with a subsonic round of this type down a suppressed barrel - is it a feed issue?

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
Sensible people used a pair of clip-on - and very light - M16 legs with their Rifle/IWS. But dinosaurs - they are the ones with the SLRs, or at least wanting them. And yes, quite legal and morally sound to shoot them, if only to put them out of their misery.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
a tad top heavy,, not seen that setup,, take it its a nightsight or somesuch.
How long have you suffered from compulsive wah-ing ?

no wah,,gen not seen it afore.

ugly

LE
As a matter of interest -what would be the problem with a subsonic round of this type down a suppressed barrel - is it a feed issue?
No just a look at that it must ******* hurt when you fire it. Mods really are only effective with subsonic ammo although the benefits when firing full loads are obvious enough to warrant them being kept.

Latest Threads