.700 WTF cal rifle for hunting dinosaur.........do want.

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by DrStealth, Dec 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Do we need to ask the meaning of WTF.....?

2. Whats the firearm? :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Another poxy wildcat knocked up by someone with too much time, I don't know why anyone would risk their lives with one?

Big bastard rounds like .700NE and .950JD are commercially available but make little sense. .416NE, ,470NE, .500NE will kill most bunny rabbits, even those with trunks.

.950 JDJ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• Like Like x 1
  4. I can see a flaw in his design here:

No matter how hard the tries he's not going to get that round into that revolver!

• Like Like x 7
  5. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

Is there many dinosaurs in the USA, and is it legal to hunt them?

Just asking like, otherwise why make a rifle (and single shot bolt action at that, so you better hit it first time) for hunting T Rex?

6. Doesn't have the olde English ally-ness of a nice side by side in .470/.50/.60 NE.....

• Like Like x 5
  7. No4(T) - Hear hear!

Willy waving exercise?

Glad to see the fellas have their trusty wheelguns on the hip for that backup shot!

• Like Like x 1
  8. FF if he did get that round into the revolver and fired it, I strongly suspect that arthritis would be something he would never need to worry about.
    Then there's the matter with the recoil and life in a low earth orbit.

• Like Like x 2
  9. If he managed to squeeze that .700 round in to what looks like a .454 Casull Magnum revolver he would have all the subtlety of touch required to be REME.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Of course, none of these are a patch on a certain rifle....

11. Nuff said!!

12. I don't know about bolt-action. The 'bolt' looks like it's screwed in, unless the locking lugs are off something like a 155mm howitzer I'd be wary of pulling the trigger. And you can't fit it with a bayonet...

• Like Like x 1
  13. that "certain rifle" is that the airsoft ? :p

14. If you click on the blog I think you will see the bolt, it has two sets of three radial locking lugs on it. The cartridge rim is inserted into a slot in the bolthead like on the shell holder of a reloading press so there is no ejection, if you want to reload you need to take the whole thing out. For a busy dino-safari you would need a bandolier of preloaded bolts