70-year-old former Commando beats off four attackers

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Bugsy, Oct 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I decided to plonk this in the NAAFI, since it's essentially unsubstantiated.

I was just catching the news on the Swiss M1 internet channel. One of the last things they mentioned was that four geezers aged between 18 and 25 had tried to mug a 70-year-old former British soldier in Bielefeld, Germany. Unfortunately, he was an unarmed-combat instructor in the Commandos during WWII.

The old gent lobbed one of them over the bonnet of a car with a Judo throw, dropped the next one and the other two ran off. The two who were "hors de combat" were arrested by the Kraut Old Bill.

Far play and titfer doffed to that man. Spot-on drills, I'd say.

I've had a bit of a butcher's on t'internet to provide a link, but so far without any luck. If somebody else turns something up, please be so kind as to post it.

2. Be nice if it was true! however at 70 years old he'd have to have been something of a child prodigy to be teaching unarmed combat to Commandos!
  3. I'm just going on what was reported, RT. But you're right. The seem to have erred slightly there.

I certainly hope somebody else can unearth something on this.

4. Oh good on him!

Brings a smile to your face doesn't it.
  5. I dont know what my grandad did during the war, but sure as hell ain't
    gonna piss him off now, just in case :lol: :lol: :lol:
  6. Journos eh! :D You can take the boy out of the commandos...it will have done no end of damage to their egos; getting a shoeing off someone who's long been eligible for free a bus pass!
  7. Just as well it wasnt here, he'd be up on ABH charges by now! Good on that man, respec as the yuff would say
  8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Just show's you,old soldiers never die.....they just can still kick the crap out of yobbos!!
  9. RT wrote
    Quite. I'm surprised at you Bugsy. I accept you said 'unsubstantiated' but the WW2 bit stands out as BS. A little bit of your number trouble eh? :wink:

Good drills that soldier.
  10. No, Seadog! That's what was reported on the Swiss M1 internet channel. I just repeated that. Of course, now I know it's wrong and I've already admitted it. What more do you want?

11. Ah my grandad would proberly have shot them if they didn't take his rifle off him in the 1960's.
  12. 70 year old "beats off" attackers. :?

Oh! :D :D

Did he make them cum?

13. I trust he will be prosecuted as there were ONLY four of them ??