• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

7+ weeks and counting!

I had my medical back on 8th May...and I'm still waiting. Surely it shouldn't take this long! I was warned off before the medical saying it could take up to 5 weeks...contacted the TA centre last week and they said they hadn't received anything for 3 weeks and they just had to wait nothing they could do.

Anyone else had to wait over 5 weeks for your medical results to return??

HMMMM iv been waiting 14 months to get mine sorted, I need to go to scotland for a lung function test I keep badgering but no news just yet.

So mate you may be lucky and get to know within 12 months :)

After i visited my TA centre i was training with them within a week, passed my medical and ADSC and had been issue my kit within about 6 weeks! i cant believe how long you guys have been waiting :O put the pressure on people!

After i visited my TA centre i was training with them within a week, passed my medical and ADSC and had been issue my kit within about 6 weeks! i cant believe how long you guys have been waiting :O put the pressure on people!
Explaination I got was something to do with the medical. They used to have a 'in-house' doc who would pop into the centre to do the medicals...now they don't do that they have it done externally...I had to go wait for a booking, then they took me up to Liverpool for a 45min medical....then waited almost 8 weeks for results to come back.

Additionally because I'm ex-reg there was additional paperwork that had to be done and sent via Glasgow before I could do the medical.

Latest Threads