7 Sigs stories/phots/info anything really

If anyone has any historical info about 7 Sigs in its 50 year history at any location, please send it to me or post in open forum.

Photos, stories, history whatever you have from where ever you have it!

Cheers

(its for a presentation, not just for my own curiosity)

(i would prefer to avoid stories about painting grass green and kerb stones white etc, as i dont think that would impress my target audience too much!)

I guess you're not looking for stories about how it was a cushy posting if you were a sports freak and how the regiment knackered other units by posting them trademen who'd forgotten how to do their trade?

Could tell about the time they set up an antenna field in an uncleared minefield in Bos :D

roadster280 said:
Guarding an empty Maresfield barracks after the move to Krefeld, reading the occurrence book:

"LCpl (well known admin vortex tech pi$$head) late for guard".

a week later

"LCpl (well known admin vortex tech pi$$head) late for guard, warned for orders"

another week later

"Sig (well known admin vortex tech pi$$head) late for guard, warned for orders"

DR, where are you now? :)
If it's who I think it is, he's still around, still a vortex & just got offered VEng!

Roadster, PM me :D

Rgds,

Steiner

notsogreen said:
HTB - i am sure you could!!!

Hairy Fairy - i was an average sportsman and a even worse tradesman, but i had some great times LOL
Trade :? What might that be :wink:

I've also played a little bit of sport in my time.............

notsogreen said:
there must be some historians out there itching to share their knowledge on the regiments history, or possibly have a link to somewhere that does??
Don't forget that it's got 'two' histories. The Herford years then I believe it went to Krefeld.

jack-daniels said:
BiscuitsAB said:
jack-daniels said:
Oh, I can tell you when the INLA blew it up!

I heard that go off, and then 30 seconds later all hell breaking loose and sirens going off everywhere.
Small world eh! I'd only been there about a week.
I remember that well, it totally stuffed up morning NAAFI break, luckily we were in North Camp so it did not really affect us :D ... except for the doubling/trebling of the Guard :(

TaffJ said:
jack-daniels said:
BiscuitsAB said:
jack-daniels said:
Oh, I can tell you when the INLA blew it up!

I heard that go off, and then 30 seconds later all hell breaking loose and sirens going off everywhere.
Small world eh! I'd only been there about a week.
I remember that well, it totally stuffed up morning NAAFI break, luckily we were in North Camp so it did not really affect us :D ... except for the doubling/trebling of the Guard :(
What Sqn were you? I was 4.

G

GLESGA-NED

roadster280 said:
My neighbour, on the other hand, is with the Ech formation, up the road in some trashed old factory. Shoe factory, if I remember right. So for whatever reason, he finds himself at the HQ on a job, and it's scran time. He realises that it's much more cushty at our loc than his, and decides to liberate a GBFO tin of Golden Syrup. He manages to get out of the HQ without being rumbled, and makes good his escape.
The Brick Factory? If you mean the place the Engineers were based at, about 5km just outside Kiseljak. I remember we had a SHF link to an ELG there.

GLESGA-NED said:
roadster280 said:
My neighbour, on the other hand, is with the Ech formation, up the road in some trashed old factory. Shoe factory, if I remember right. So for whatever reason, he finds himself at the HQ on a job, and it's scran time. He realises that it's much more cushty at our loc than his, and decides to liberate a GBFO tin of Golden Syrup. He manages to get out of the HQ without being rumbled, and makes good his escape.
The Brick Factory? If you mean the place the Engineers were based at, about 5km just outside Kiseljak. I remember we had a SHF link to an ELG their.
Was my det for a while. Was there when England lost to the boxheads in Euro semi-final. Attached to 14 Topo Sqn RE. Cracking bar in one of the huge disused brick kilns.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PoisonDwarf Royal Signals 31
sigstab Army Reserve 0
PartTimePongo Royal Signals 2