7 Rifles

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Shaolin_Monk, Dec 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am considering joining as a Rfn and was hoping someone could let me know the score with training etc.

I have seen a few posts refer to part 1a, 1b, 1c etc. I thought it was CMSR and then CIC? :?

Also, if anyone has any info on this unit they would be kind enough to share it will be greatly appreciated. :wink:

Cheers.

2. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Been too long since i did training, so i too have no idea what 1a etc means.

However 7 rifles is a fairly good unit, operationally busy for a TA unit IMO, but due a quiet spell if the rumours are correct.

As usual, best advice is to go along to a drill night. Wherabouts are you?

3. I live in St Neots near Cambridge. E Coy is just along the A1 in Milton Keynes.

Any idea when they'll be back, I imagine they'll be stood down with it being Christmas.

4. With 6 Bn the training is set out as follows:

TAFFS1
    TAFFS2 - Both of these are fitness and aptitude related, basically to check you're fit enough and the right type of person and gives you a chance to make sure it's what you want to do.

1B3
    1B4
    1B5
    1B6
    1B7
    1B8
    1B9 - The weekends prior to your CIC. These are doing the basics.

CIC - 2 week course which'll train you as an infantryman and be an end to you recruit training. After this point you do training with your unit as a trained soldier.

If it's not the same for 7 Rifles feel free to ignore everything I've just said.

5. That looks right mate, just found a link. Nine weekends or a two week camp then CIC. Just got a little confused with the dodgy names tis all :D

Any idea when they'll be back, I imagine they'll be stood down with it being Christmas.

Cheers

6. Rock up Tuesday 8-01-08 19:30

7. Will do, cheers.