7 Rifles - experts in the art of musketry?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by The_Duke, Dec 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

I think we can all agree that shooting is a key military skill. Central to this skill is the ability to coach others so that they can be effective shots.

The youtube link below shows a 7 Rifles range day with some expert coaching, particularly at the 1min 50sec point.

******* stroker!

YouTube - 7 rifles.wmv
  2. Woah. How do they get away with organising that!
  3. Had to laugh the stroker you refer to is quite senior without compromising persec bb may have something more constructive to add
  4. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Great, he is therefore a "quite senior" stroker who should either know better or stay away from things he is obviously not competant at. Still, all good comedy value for the blokes I suppose.

Not sure I would want a video clip of me being a total pillock being used on a unit media puff-piece though!
  5. It's only a little bit of brass chewing gum - nothing to worry about. :) Looks like it was a good day out - shame there isn't scope to get more days like this organised.
  6. Given that I know the person concerned and he knows me, can I just add that the Livery Companies are actually very good friends of 7 Rifles ( and no doubt other units with a footprint in London. )

They contribute in financial as well as moral support, for example, inviting Riflemen to ( get smashed at ) Livery Dinners.

hope nobody noticed my subject change...
  7. BB are you turning this into a Londons thread.....
  8. Brilliant stuff! Well done 7 Rifles. What a crying shame that other units don't/ can't/ won't do this sort of thing. They used to go on in the past on families days as well as 'chumming up to the money' days etc in the past and were, I believe, a great success on a number of levels.
  9. Looked like a good day out.
  10. Ha ha! It sure is! That's what you get letting Company OCs do range safety for a PR day.

On another point, anyone else clock the CO's opening bit about providing 50 bods this year, 50 next year and the same again the year after that? What do you reckon Bravo Bravo, is that enough to get us out of providing DS to RTCs using the MI formula?
  11. ... are you actually allowed to let civvies shoot pistol?

I thought this was a no no!
  12. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

13. Good bit of p.r. for the Bn. Not such good p.r. for the professionalism of s.a.a. Doh !
  14. Good effort by 7 RIFLES, though if you look carefully, you can see a soldier with a twisted bootlace at 3.07.
  15. Not to my knowledge, we had a fathers' day thing where they fired pistols and a wifeys thing. Few years ago for oth mind. But as long as the safety is there you can let them fire pretty much every thing.