7 protesters charged over anti-Army demo refuse to stand

chimera

LE
Looks like I can be the first to say that I am outraged.....

More sensibly, it is perhaps not the smartest move to p*ss off the person that is going to pass judgement on you.

why on earth was there a compromise about the fact that they refused to stand? the rules are simple, not to mention extra time to go to the mosque, how about they use the time they already had for f**ks sake

Well I think I had better go and see if the snow-chains are up for it, although I won't be happy if we have to take the Outrage Bus out on a night like this...

At one point it is alleged pieces of bacon were thrown at the Muslims

MMMMMMMMm bacon

Neil Mercer, defending Abdul and Rahman, said: 'In Muslim countries it is a grave and cardinal sin to show respect in this way to anyone other than God himself. Their reasons would be the same if it was the Queen, with respect.'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-killers-homecoming-parade.html#ixzz0bl9d1OLy

Well, my reasons are not racist, but they can p1ss off and live in a Muslim country which better fits with their reasons.

Failing that they can fcuking stand for Her Majesty and her judicial representatives.

He added: 'It is an important religious observance which, if they break, they find themselves in mortal sin. They cannot make a show of respect to a human being, whoever that human being is, whether it is the Queen or the Lord Chief Justice or an imam.'

Well thats just crap as they always stand when an Imam enters a room or any one that comes round as a guest.

It'll end messy

chimera said:
More sensibly, it is perhaps not the smartest move to p*ss off the person that is going to pass judgement on you.
With a maximum sentence of £1,000, I don't think they're that bothered. It's just a shame the judge didn't show more spine.

"Stand, or I'll jail you."

Oh the old "We don't do it like that in our country" line...

Usually followed by an exchange similar to this:-

"Oh where are you from then?"

"Blackburn..."

FFS, contempt of court is contempt. I bet they wouldn't be so gauche if faced with a hairy imam and a on-the-spot birching for cutting capers in court...They are just chavs, albeit ones lucky enough to have a "cause" which they can hide behind. No different from bits of kids in NI chucking rocks at the British Army. Asked what would they do if the Army was gone, "throw rocks at someone else mister!".

DeltaDog said:
chimera said:
With a maximum sentence of £1,000, I don't think they're that bothered. It's just a shame the judge didn't show more spine.

Totally agree. As far as I know, contempt of court can still carry a custodial sentence, which is what should`ve happened in this case. Bang `em up for thirty days then back to court, if they still refuse to stand bang `em up again.

how very 1970s - the old PIRA lot refused to recognise the authority of the court didn't they. No imagination the youth of today............

Surely we can do them for slander. Civil case, pro-forces lawyer, and requisition any assets they may own (car would be a good starter) so that in future they'll find it harder to travel around the country.
Also charge them with comtempt, then have another hearing with expert witnesses to determine and set case law about standing up for the court. Now that they've got away with it once it will continue in future.

slick said:
DeltaDog said:
chimera said:

Totally agree. As far as I know, contempt of court can still carry a custodial sentence, which is what should`ve happened in this case. Bang `em up for thirty days then back to court, if they still refuse to stand bang `em up again.
That was my thought as well,Contempt of court could carry a custodial sentence,but only a small amount of time !

Perhaps when the judge come's into court he should have had the old white hanky on his head,That would have made em stand up !