7 protesters charged over anti-Army demo refuse to stand

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by DarkNinja, Jan 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Oh dear.This will end very badly.
  2. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Looks like I can be the first to say that I am outraged.....

More sensibly, it is perhaps not the smartest move to p*ss off the person that is going to pass judgement on you.
  3. why on earth was there a compromise about the fact that they refused to stand? the rules are simple, not to mention extra time to go to the mosque, how about they use the time they already had for f**ks sake
  4. Well I think I had better go and see if the snow-chains are up for it, although I won't be happy if we have to take the Outrage Bus out on a night like this...
  5. Hang them all and deport their corpses.

6. MMMMMMMMm bacon
  7. Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1240518/Muslim-protesters-branded-British-soldiers-rapists-baby-killers-homecoming-parade.html#ixzz0bl9d1OLy

Well, my reasons are not racist, but they can p1ss off and live in a Muslim country which better fits with their reasons.

Failing that they can fcuking stand for Her Majesty and her judicial representatives.
  8. He added: 'It is an important religious observance which, if they break, they find themselves in mortal sin. They cannot make a show of respect to a human being, whoever that human being is, whether it is the Queen or the Lord Chief Justice or an imam.'

Well thats just crap as they always stand when an Imam enters a room or any one that comes round as a guest.

It'll end messy
  9. With a maximum sentence of £1,000, I don't think they're that bothered. It's just a shame the judge didn't show more spine.

"Stand, or I'll jail you."
  10. You salute the Officer not the man, so it should be here.
  11. Oh the old "We don't do it like that in our country" line...

Usually followed by an exchange similar to this:-

"Oh where are you from then?"

FFS, contempt of court is contempt. I bet they wouldn't be so gauche if faced with a hairy imam and a on-the-spot birching for cutting capers in court...They are just chavs, albeit ones lucky enough to have a "cause" which they can hide behind. No different from bits of kids in NI chucking rocks at the British Army. Asked what would they do if the Army was gone, "throw rocks at someone else mister!".
  12. Totally agree. As far as I know, contempt of court can still carry a custodial sentence, which is what should`ve happened in this case. Bang `em up for thirty days then back to court, if they still refuse to stand bang `em up again.
  13. :D

Attached Files:

14. how very 1970s - the old PIRA lot refused to recognise the authority of the court didn't they. No imagination the youth of today............