7 More GIs Killed In Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Apr 6, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/04/06/iraq/main610387.shtml

2. I wonder how long before the ever rising body count starts to make the american public ask more searching questions about their presence in Iraq than they currently appear to be.

Given the american reliance on stocks and shares I'd suggest body bag manufacturers are a good bet for future profits!!

3. One of the justifications Americans give for their right to bear arms is that an external invader can never subdue an armed population that wishes to resist.

Shame no-one in the US had the brains to think that this principle would apply outside the US, as it seems to be being demonstrated in Iraq today.

4. another 12 at least lost today!!

5. Someone told me that the body count was being 'managed ' by the US Government.

I heard that if the unfortunate GI dies at the scene or is dead by the time they get to the Field Hospital then they are counted as dead, if they die from thier wounds later either in or out of theatre then they are not counted as dead.

As a result of this the true US body count is in reality much higher.

Anyone else heard this or have I been fed a pile of bollocks??

6. try searching on the net, i bet you will not find one name who has died from wounds out of theatre, and with 18,000 evacuations too - the percentages do not add up.

7. If they are doing that - then it is the same practice for dead as they used in Vietnam 8O

8. With todays latest additions to the body count, my betting is on Bush being voted out later this year.

However with the Yanks, nothing is taken for granted but this 12 may be a bit too much to chew.