7 minute PFT (BPFA)?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by msr, Oct 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. Just keep it going for another 2hrs!

3. I'm sure we had a young lad in brats do a 6 min 50 BFT, might even have been 6 min 40 with boots.

4. we had a lad do it in 8 min on our assesment day blimey.. dunno how he did it..

5. one of our guys reg comes in at 7 mins or there abouts! Sickening!

6. Had a mate who did 6.40 ish IIRC. W*nk at everything else though and the weakest creature alive.

7. Probably not anything too amazing.

I have a great 5, 8 and 10 mile time but my 1.5mile is a very average 9 minutes sometimes up to 9:30.

Long distance runners need time to bed everything in properely. Breathing. Pain in the feet and shins arm movement and position. Etc etc!

8. I did 9mins 15s once. It was my proudest moment.

9. There was a PTI at Bassingbourn when I was in basic who did it in about 6:45.

10. BLOODY HELL! That's insane. Made me feel like a right lard ass with my 10:20 BFT!

Cheers for that, probably shocked me into harder training.

On that note I was in the AFCO the other day and this Navy hopefull was bragging about his 4:30 bft.. felt like making him look like a git for talking out of his arrse but didnt bother.

J.

11. Should have no excuse, i'm 33 and run it in 8:15

12. I'm the exact same; I'd do a 10k in around 42 mins, 8 mile just under the hour and around 1.40 for half marathon.

Something to do with slow-twitch muscles and other stuff I forgotten from the PTI modules...