Discussion in 'REME' started by airbornereme, Mar 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all, I may be getting a posting to 7 to work in the gym, can anyone tell me the pros and cons of this unit, i dont know anyone up there. are they goin away anytime soon?
  2. Which 7? Wattisham?
  3. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Why? Are you concerned the gymnasium may deploy?
  4. yeah in wattisham. not concerned about deploying, just wondering thats all, easy mate! im not aptc so i could get deployed with the rest of them. im just coming to the end of my tour at the minuit, looking at getting posted this august
  5. The corps bloke in the Gym are all good guys, I'm very good mate's with them all. The gym is good, but when you consider over 2000 troops at Wattisham it could be better (lots of paperwork gone in to better equip it). Wattisham is a very busy station with 20% always deployed, being the Apache station for field army, each of the Regt do 12 months on, 12 months off (POTL and per tour prep for next on period) operations (only 2 Attack Heli Regiments) aswell as very high readiness during the 'so called year off' for supporting all units including 'Them'. As you can see, the possibility to deploy every single year.
  6. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

And the good old banana, supporting them, does 12 months on, 12 months on!
  7. Yeah, did that slip my mind...7batt support both 3&4 Regt for Ops. Looks like your onto a winner there!!!!
  8. mega, cheers for the info and quick reply guys