7 Armd - Woollie Jumpers

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by beaker, Jan 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Superb, where do I get one.
  2. Picture please. Some of us are civvies now :/
  3. Hmmm. They has a similar jumper issued (to a few lucky units) on Granby in 90-91. Perhaps they found a few boxes full of them at Donnington?
  4. They look very smart, and I bet they're nice and warm too! :oops:
  5. The jumpers are purchased by individuals.

Bde Comd wanted all Officers and WOs to buy them. Given my track record, I thought I was in for a swift posting, however 9/12 saw sense and WOs decided against buying them. Officers have them and look very 'C(h)av' :)

Apparently jumpers are quite warm, but I have a nice issue softie jacket - which I haven't needed to wear yet :roll:
  6. 20 Armd Bde HQ staff in the mid 1980's used to wear maroon Guernseys. Maroon! I can understand light brown in the desert, but maroon in Detmold?
  7. 20 Armd Bde HQ & Sig Sqn still have these very jumpers. Officers and WOs were supposed to wear them on a Monday with barrack dress. The fad died down while I was there although they did reappear every now and again.
  8. Maroon jumpers and green berets - I bet the clerks look like upside down traffic lights. 8O
  9. sounds like some officer on a back hander to me

who the hell commissioned those? very EL ALAMIEN don't you think

reversible softee please storeman
    suprised he's not wearing two cap badges
  10. Sorry mate - dues out.
  11. sorry,

i mentioned storeman,

should of said supplier.

"you cant have that one, its the only one we have left, and someone might need it!"

swift exit left, sound of boots down corridor, doors swinging...he's out of here!
  12. Hmmm...what's wrong with the green ones that we used to have?

Someone said the other day that they're coming back.

Why is that Bde Comds all want to leave their mark and that some HQ&Sig Sqn OC doesn't have the balls to say 'stop being an idiot'?