7.62 NATO FN Minimi

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Trambuan, Sep 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone seen the new FN Minimi in 7.62 NATO? It doesnt take Magazines sadly but i was thinking it could end up replacing the FN MAG

Deep Down, I think they should stick with the FN MAG.

2. Fair enough, sorry to doubt your veracity.

3. Er it seems to be a Light MG not a General Purpose MG. Does it have a quick change barrel facility ?
    john

4. There's also a move afoot to use a Titanium Alloy Receiver on the FN-MAG(M240). Receiver is welded, not riveted, some other changes as well. End result is for it to be between 4-7 lbs lighter in weight with no degradation in Performance. I'll try and find the link.

5. M240E6 with Titanium Alloy Receiver;

https://peosoldier.army.mil/factsheets/SW_CSW_M240.pdf#search='M240E6%20machine%20gun'

6. So it does have a second barrel and so can undertake the GP MG role.
    john

7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I fear we have a walt that likes guns in our midst (not you JW). Trambuan who started this thread.

I hear RO have a new 105 lightgun with new air cooling dampners, anyone seen it....

What? Like I'm going to get one....

Guns, I like guns, they are my precious... My favourite is the 9mm C8 conversion with silencer that has the cut down sight system of the blah blah blah as used by blah blah blah SNORE!

8. You dont often hear of non walts refering to the Gimpy as the FN mag!

Gimpy tried and tested, firm believer in if it works then there is no need to change it.

9. Mag to Grid,

Just time to buy some new ones or refirb the old ones as they are all a bit knackered!

10. I use what I am given.

Does anything else really matter for none guns and ammo waltoons?

11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Can't say I've ever seen a knackered GPMG. They've lost some anodising but they're still that gorgeous weapon...

Quite right, assuming of course that you also know the capability of the EN's weapons! :)

12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Only those who have been issued the MAG, or even both.