Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Outstanding, Jul 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Announced in the latest Defence Transformation report by SoS.

7 + 16 will be moved to Stafford 2015 - 2018.
  2. Are they going to be joining 22 Sigs then?

That will be nearly all the BFG regiments* I served with in one place. Boring postings that would have been.

*except 28 which was a regiment when I was there.
  3. Yep, combined as a new ARRC Signals Group in RAF Stafford
  4. Always on the cards, but they will need to chuck some serious money at the infrastructure to fit another 2 Regiments into Stafford. IIRC, there are insufficient SFA for a start.
  5. Does my correction help?
  6. .......................................

I agree with you mate - it doe not seem either that sensible or very coherent and there is not that much real estate to use either, but here is the extract from the SoS statement:

Stafford will become home to two additional Signal Regiments in the period 2015 - 2018. This will be done in close consultation with the German authorities, which will continue as the Army now draws up its plans for how to draw down from Germany in a sensible and coherent way.
  7. Somewhat (!), but still leaves a significant amount of upgrading to the site if I recall. I am a little out of the loop now - are the RAF elements still there, or will their pulling out create the headroom/real estate required?
  8. I may be wrong but i was under the impression that 7 is being cut as part of the savings and 16 and 1 ADSR are moving to Stafford.
  9. ^Just fishing to be honest. Last In First Out, etc
  10. I also heard that 7 was going. Possibly by end of next year.
  11. 7 Sigs will be drawn down over the next 12 months -16SR and 1(UK) ADSR (Regt only not HQ) will move into Stafford by 2015 joing 22SR and the RAFs Tactical Supply Wing.
  12. 16 isn't part of ARRC anymore though is it?
  13. It is one of the 5 Th CIS Regts (1, 2, 3, 16, 21) but it retained its ARRC enduring role when it became a Th CIS Regt (it was meant to return to the ARRC once HERRICK is finished). However, I understand it will now remain a Th CIS Regts in the new Corps construct as a result of SDSR. The question was, why does the ARRC need 2 (3) x Signal Regts to fulfill its role - and it was a little hard to justify.
  14. Th CIS Regt are last year's news. Brigade Signal Regiments are all the talk this year! Come on keep up, LOL

The crazy thing about Stafford is that the last plan seen for the redevelopment of the site had the investment to uplift to support two additional Regts but would not sort the shortfall already present. So there would still be present for the foreseeable future a shortfall of quarters! What a f*cked situation!
  15. BSRs were always on the cards... CSRs were merely a footpad towards that.