6th form scholarships

Discussion in 'Officers' started by 21stCenturyMALE, Nov 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have recntly sent away my GCSE;s certificates away to confirm my scholarship,

Does anyone no how long it takes to get them back and what else you recive with them?
  2. When you say to confirm your scholarship, does that mean you haven't applied yet? Or you have got a scholarship and are sending your certificated to confirm your grades?
  3. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

It sounds like he's got it already; I had to do the same.

From memory, it takes a while, 6 weeks at most though I think.

I don't think you get anything else with their return. The first installment of my money came in Jan this year, and I went on (like you, I assume) the October selection board.
  4. Yer i have my scholarship and im confirming my grades
  5. Yep, you get a certificate and a little red badge normally sent to your headmaster, and after that various undertaking forms get sent to you that you have to sign and get parents to sign. Then, after a load of bureaucratic wating, paperwork (on their part) and wondering when the money will come, then money arrives and process complete. Its all very jolly.
  6. Cool thanks, wots the lil red badge for, cadet uniforms or some thing?
  7. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

Yeah, I've got mine on my brassard..
  8. cheers, is that aloud 4 all the cadet forces, regardless of force
  9. Standards please gents, this isn't the cadet forum.
  10. no idea- mine is sitting in a cupboard at home....
  11. Chaps, there are loads of threads on Sixth Form Scholarships already, not to mention a huge AOSB thread that encompasses it!