6th annual Sevastopol Officers' Ball

I take it, this is to rub the Crimean people's noses in it and reinforce who their new masters are.

Nice.

Any reports of 'high-jinks', mess cannons, Komissar's car turned upside-down, missile launches that sort of thing?

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Chota pegs all round! :dance:

Well-dressed Russians?

What next - Corbyn joins the EDL?

Last edited:

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
I take it, this is to rub the Crimean people's noses in it and reinforce who their new masters are.

Nice.
Just for info, the bulk of the population of the Crimea is ethnic Russian and weren't too impressed at being stuck in Ukraine when the Soviet Union fell apart. The little green men weren't unwelcome when they rocked up and generally speaking folk weren't sorry to see the back of the Ukrainians. Just saying. I don't have a dog in this fight, but Crimea and the Donbas - and, come to that, the revolution in Ukraine - aren't quite as black-and-white as they might appear.

Having a referendum at the end of an AK. Stealing part of another country and calling it part of the United Kingdom. I wonder when we last did that?

The pictures remind me of the Days of the Raj. They just need a couple of 'local chaps' in the background providing tea and fanning the air

Having a referendum at the end of an AK. Stealing part of another country and calling it part of the United Kingdom. I wonder when we last did that?

The pictures remind me of the Days of the Raj. They just need a couple of 'local chaps' in the background providing tea and fanning the air
Diego Garcia and Chagos achipelago?
Though there was no any referendum. At gun point local population 'voted' by legs.
Chagos Archipelago - Wikipedia
The sovereignty of the Chagos Archipelago is disputed between the UK and Mauritius. The United Kingdom excised the archipelago from Mauritian territory in 1965, three years before Mauritius gained independence in 1968.

Diego Garcia and Chagos achipelago?
Though there was no any referendum. At gun point local population 'voted' by legs.
Chagos Archipelago - Wikipedia
Were/are they part of the ‘United Kingdom’? If you’d said Ireland, you may have a point.

It’s like going to the Costa Blanca where so many Brits have settled and annexing it.

Fuck me there was an opportunity missed...

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
Having shown them how to do it, we'll leave empire building to Russia and China.

Those officers scrub up well in a dress

Fake news there's no walt-in-a-kilt

, but Crimea and the Donbas - and, come to that, the revolution in Ukraine - aren't quite as black-and-white as they might appear.
I think many agree with this comment. I do. The issue I have with the trolls and perhaps other people do too, is that they are a conduit for disinformation . So long as their masters will it, they will spout half truths and lies on any matter. This ranges from the Salisbury affair to shooting down civilian aircraft to false flagging Manchester Arena to Holocaust denial. We could go on.

In doing this, they have set aside their moral compass. Some justify this in terms of patriotism, some just like the pay or their ability in the case of YarS to express visceral hatred of the West. That is why they are treated with what borders on contempt. This little gem IS an effort by the KGB collective to :

Nice.
because the audience is not just local. it is International.

When we speak with them, we are speaking with a Kremlin ladybird "truth of the day" book.

Latest Threads