Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

6mm Mauser trials cartridge?

ugly

LE
watching one of gun Jesus' offerings on a trials rifle in Germany (lost out to Mauser's 1898 offering)

I was intrigued by the round the rifle was chambered for, 6.5 being the normal small bore of the period the Germans however do like some oddball rounds, does anyone have any information about the round?

Probably no connection but there was a 6 x 58 Forster introduced around 1904. 127gr @ 2788 f.p.s.

Also a 6 x 57 Mauser around 1895 based on the 6.5 x 57 Mauser.

6x57.jpg

Brill, I hadn't thought to look in obscure European cartridges, it didn't occur to me that they had enjoyed commercial success. I may be tempted now to get one built, ditch the .243 on my ticket and take it to Scotland. I have a Mauser 98 in .243 with a double trigger, I wonder if a quick re ream would do it?
I want to drop the set trigger and replace with a single trigger. Hmm!

Always take Cartridges of the World with a pinch of salt - always verify for yourself.

For instance the entry on 7.5mm Swiss Revolver is a panoply of utter c*ckrot from start to finish.