680 quid £ for an SA-80 A2 rail system!!

I like the review from walter

The SA 80 L2 A2 Weapons Expansion Pack is awesome awesome awesome! Apart from being very alley it is a perfect adition to my SA80!! It doesnt need an armourer to fit it and it has turned my personal weapon in to a different animal!! love it !

But but it comes with a gangster grip as well .Thank fcuk i am poor
or i would be tempted :oops: .I know its mostly pointless would attract
equal amounts of trouble and laughter but it is very very SHINY :D

slimjim said:

The SA 80 L2 A2 Weapons Expansion Pack is awesome awesome awesome! Apart from being very alley it is a perfect adition to my SA80!! It doesnt need an armourer to fit it and it has turned my personal weapon in to a different animal!! love it !
Whats funny is, reading through all the reviews of the kit on there, he's written most of them, the guy must have bought 20 grand worth of gear, including body armour.... 8O

petergriffen said:
edited, oh wait, the light it comes with is worth 250...... :eek: Jesus thats a bit much ain't it?
250! Shit is it powered by kryptonite??????

petergriffen said:
http://specialforceskit.co.uk/store/weapon-expansion-pack-p-579.html

seems a little steep to me. :?

edited, oh wait, the light it comes with is worth 250...... :eek: Jesus thats a bit much ain't it?
A little!!!! They want £85 for a forward grip and £23 for a Bore Snake.

I can only presume there must be some very "Special" indeed about these to justify such a lofty premium.

petergriffen said:
slimjim said:

Whats funny is, reading through all the reviews of the kit on there, he's written most of them, the guy must have bought 20 grand worth of gear, including body armour.... 8O
That's an expensive days airsofting!

slimjim said:
petergriffen said:
slimjim said:

That's an expensive days airsofting!
Actually I made a boo boo, there are 2 "Smiths" "Andy" and "James" they have both bought a shit load, one them 3 different types of body armour :?

According to the website the SFSG get issued these, good idea by all accounts, most other armies have rail mounts on there weapon systems as standard! Looks ally but for that price i think i'll wait until they get issued (if at all) and just stick to bolting on my LSW rear pistol grip to my handguard!

You can bet the MoD is paying more for them!

But really, you could buy a whole new weapon for that!

What exactly is the SA 80 L2 A2? I have an L85A2 Individual Weapon (SA80 for short)? No L2 in sight.
It looks so waltish, the whole platoon would sh*t themselves laughing if I turned up with that on my rifle.

similier things seem to be the "in Thing" on the spams gat's in Iraq, I amused myself for hours looking at the range of bolt on bits in the DFAC when I was over there.

ugly

LE
blobmeister said:
It cost more than the fu**ing weapon!!!
If only that were true, it actually costs far more than the weapon is worth but there lies another sorry tale!

Was at a briefing by a Pioneers Lt Col who runs the armoury at Shrivenham. He said that when HK upgraded the A1 they quoted 2 euro's per weapon for the picatinny (excuse spelling) rail - which was turned down for being too expensive. The rail will now be installed with the planned upgrade (along with the replacement for the SUSAT) at a significantly higher cost !

IIRC it has been mentioned on here that we are the only member of NATO to use the 'NATO standard' rail, everyone else uses the picatinny rail?

I can think of better thngs to spend two weeks wages on. Surely this will only result in you trying to send it back to the seller after the badge tells you to get rid of it before he does something not nice to you!