677 Squadron, 6 Regiment Army Air Corps

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by rsigslad, Nov 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All

I am Currently a Radio Operator in the Royal Signals but i am looking for a new Challenge.

The above unit is an intrest to me and would like to find out the diffrence between a medic in the army air corps and medical corps.

I.E do the Air Corps Medics just work in the air transporting the wounded back from the frontline or do they just stay at the main HQ

Thanks for your time i know its a bit of a Bone post

2. ok know one knows cheers for reading anyway right now how do i delete the post

3. Impatient fecker aint you? Your thread has only been up for 19 minutes!

4. lol well after 30 people viewing the post i throught there was gunna be a good chance of no one knowing and yes your right i am very impatient Sorry

5. The AAC don't have thier own RMA's, all RAMC attached.

CTC

6. ahhhh i was just looking on there website and it said they needed Medics

7. As chokin says, any medics within the AAC will be RAMC and not badged AAC. I'm sure the same can be said for 6 Regt AAC.

8. ok thanks sort of clears up my question

9. rsigslad,

We do have RAMC-badged personnel attached to 677. I'm afraid I don't have the latest on the CMT/CMA trade to hand but can enquire, though the PSAO at Bury St Edmunds is your best PoC.

As to leaping out of the back of cabs as an IRT 'first responder', this is currently the preserve of the RAF medics. Our medical capability is much more prosaic, though we do have chaps from county Fire & Rescue on our books. Assuming you transferred over, got your trade qualifications etc. you would probably still end up as a Fobbit, unless you got yourself mobilised with an OMLT. That said, it's a new Sqn and the AAC is finding that the Volunteers rise well to a challenge.

Hope this helps.

FP

10. thanks that has helped alot frogprince

i hope there are more mobilsation chances with 677 then in my current unit.

11. AAC deploy all year round every year so plenty of chances