657 Sqn reunion ?

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Stag, Nov 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was @ 657 86-91.

Would be great if we could get a reunion sorted, pehaps around Sept 1st AAC Birthday.

Would be great to hear from any ex 657 even if your REME!

2. Does that include Vidal, could we afford the hair dressing fees? ;)

3. I was there from '85 to '89. Great posting! Last before I left for 10 Regiment. Good idea for a reunion as long as 2 of the SSM's are left off the invite list!
    Billy Ga*vin and I forget the other scrotes name. Both failed aircrew and both had mega chips on their shoulders.
    Would be great to see some of the old faces, even the REMF's! :D

4. What SSM'S you on about the Rab C Nesbit on or the Welsh one.

Had a bit of a reunion about 6 or 7 years ago, a few of us groundies met up at some hotel near Wetherby, had a great time.

I really enjoyed my time with 657, went to the states, Kenya, The camp was great, talking of camp whatever happened to Dave P**T the one with the tash?

5. I think Dave has been mentioned in more threads than any other person on here LOL

6. Used to crew with Dave P***t. The guy was wired up to the moon. Absolute laugh a minute character. He used to keep a little notebook for writing comments about various pilots who pissed him off. Myself and Tom Mu**ay featured on a regular basis. I done the States (1988) and Kenya (1986) so probably pissed you off on numerous occasions too!!

The SSM BillY Gal**n was a vertically challenged pisshead and an embarrassment to fellow Scots. The guy who took his place was another short-arse who detested all things aircrew. Forget his name.
    I was a long-time friend of Goose from the MT. Lost contact a few years back.

7. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

aaah - Dave.
    ???
    Obviously.

8. Mr Galv*n is now taking stiffs for a ride. He's an undertaker in the Midlands.

9. Bloody hell, he still doing that?

Wonder if he pisses in their pockets prior to nailing the lid shut? :wink:

10. . I done the States (1988) and Kenya (1986) so probably pissed you off on numerous occasions too!!

I was a long-time friend of Goose from the MT. Lost contact a few years back.[/quote]

The only Aircrew that got on my tits was big d-d (the wookie), cant remember any from north of the border, Goose, yeah remember him, he was my boss.

I think I did the States in 88, gonna have to get out the old sqn photo,s.

Do you remember George D££l, when I first arrived at Oakington my bed was next to his, not a pleasant experience, I soon moved.

What about Rambo remember him?

I think I could get in touch with atleast 10-20 ex members.

Rambo
    Bronski
    Al Rank~~
    2 x geordies
    Dinger

11. The only Aircrew that got on my tits was big d-d (the wookie), cant remember any from north of the border, Goose, yeah remember him, he was my boss.

I think I did the States in 88, gonna have to get out the old sqn photo,s.

Do you remember George D££l, when I first arrived at Oakington my bed was next to his, not a pleasant experience, I soon moved.

What about Rambo remember him?

I think I could get in touch with atleast 10-20 ex members.

Rambo
    Bronski
    Al Rank~~
    2 x geordies
    Dinger[/quote]

I remeber George D**l. Bit of a sloth but a top bloke. One thing I do remember about the States tour was a few of the younger erks altering the ages on their passports as the legal drinking age in Washington was 21.
    Myself and the boss (Peter D***es) spent days trying to pacify the Yanks and questions were almost raised in the House because of it.
    The SPAM's have no sense of humour or sense of adventure.
    Also remember frightening the life out of a few American pilots. They couldn't believe we would fly at 100' AGL at night without NVG's. Pussies!
    Subsequently if they heard an Army Air callsign on the radio they would vacate the training area until the "mad Brits" had landed and closed down.

I done my Basic Training at Wallop in '76 with the Wookie. He couldn't get his huge fingers to operate the TANS on the Lynx. I would have been better off carrying an extra 100 kg's of fuel than take him on a sortie.

12. Proper reunion would be good,select few of course.Billy Ga***n still out here is he?Chew'in the Fat stylie Good Guy or W**k? :twisted:

13. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

I hear from a reliable , but ugly source that 657 Sqn are planning a renunion type lagerfest in Odiham in the summer of 2007

As I hear details I will post them