63 Signals

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by 2bish, Feb 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anybody got any experience of them? Been thinking of transferring over. Have been in contact with them, but was just wondering on peoples personal views on the course and commitment etc.

2. Seem a good bunch... a few people think that because they take ladies and I don't think you have to do their (revised) selection, then they are a bit sad...?

But from what I know, they take phys seriously and most do Selection....

It's not 21, but still hard!
  3. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Bibo - thought you were running your lungs out at Catterick this week?

4. I served with 63 in the 90's and they are a top outfit. Back then the physical standard was quite high and you certainly got to get about a lot. They really play up the SF side of the role a lot and if you are looking for the opportunity to some operational tours then this is the way to go. The selection is quite hard and I think out of 15 recruits when I joined only 6 lasted.
    Also, it can be a real trial in itself getting into the place because the RA plebs on the gate really give it some attitude.

My advice is go for it.
  5. I had a chat regarding selection for 63 sigs (which i didn't go for in the end but that's besides the point) with one of their officers who reckoned, out of boys who get less than 8.30 on their BPFA, there's a 50/50 chance of passing. In his words, not impossible for a "fit bloke with a bit of grit about him".

Good luck to you if you do it.
  6. It was scheduled for next week but your right, they brought it forward a week!!!!

Considering it's a TA course and most people had the time off booked this seems really poor.

Doesn't look good for employer / TA relations!