63 (SAS) Signals

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Mixed80, Nov 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Probably an age old long topic but would it be right to consider 63 Signals as "SAS"? Given that they still do selection and fall under the UKSF umbrella.

2. They are TA Royal Signals who support the reserve Special Forces according to the gumph below. Not 'SAS' as such.

Special Forces Signals (Reserve) - British Army Website

3. any ifo you need on sas pm me init

• Show again braincell Show again braincell x 1
  4. According to the website "SFC(R) operations require the skill sets and equipment to operate beyond the range and capability of conventional forces" they do sound somewhat "special" though

5. They are no more SAS than 9 Squadron RE are Parachute Regt.

They may support it and have similar skillsets but are a different Regt. Hence being called Royal Signals .

Tool

6. Love it! Your in the SAS...or do you work for SAS..as an air hostess?

I predict you are a 16 year old special needs kid with a fantasy complex.

• Like Like x 1
  7. You have predicted wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Damn...then I appologise...innit!

9. Funny you should ask that, I was talking to a member of the bladed community (V) this past weekend and he picked them up for that, since 18 Regt was formed they should be known as 63 (UKSF) Sqn now not (SAS)

Well at least thats what he says

10. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

DB, say that to a 9 Sqn bloke an he will rip yer head off, they are all Bonkers !!!

11. Dogs Bollox doesn't know any real soldiers as his "military service" consisted of a drill hall, beer & BBQs.

12. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

RAF Regt then?

• Like Like x 1
  13. My Squadron never had a drill hall, or beer or even a BBQ.....

We did however have a massive sports complex and 3 hangers to strut around in, wine and whiskey galore and chefs to serve us three course meals!

Twas a hard life ;)

14. It's 18 (UKSF) as it's a Regiment which covers all SF (SAS, SBS & SRR ), squadrons can still have the (SAS) title.

Using his logic then 22 SAS should be called 22 UKSF as they are part of the UKSF Group.

15. Steady on there - no need to be that cruel :)

Can't say the couple of lads i knew from 9 Sqn would have wanted to be called Paras. They were far more 'elite' than that !

Badger, I'll have you know that those bbq's could get very rough. I once broke a nail .........

• Like Like x 1