63 (SAS) Signal Squadron (R) MEET & GREET EVENING

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by 63Rep, May 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. WE'RE LOOKING FOR THE RIGHT PEOPLE TO DROP IN.........

UK Special Forces (Reserve)

63 (SAS) Signal Squadron (Reserve) is holding a meet & greet evening on Friday 29th June at its HQ for potential recruits followed by a curry supper

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED AND YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A UNIQUE CHALLENGE CALL THE NUMBER BELOW NOW.

We are looking for very special people who want to do something different in thier spare time.

We need:

- Soldiers
    - Signallers

Supported by:

- Mechanics
    - Drivers
    - Chefs
    - Clerks

To be considered for the UK Special Forces Reserves you need to be:

- Aged between 18 and 32, 34 with previous military experience
    - Physically and mentally fit
    - Intelligent
    - Flexible
    - Mature
    - Able to commit to considerable training demands
    - Willing to deploy overseas

Although previous military experience is very useful, it is not essential since we will provide all the appropriate training you may need.

If you think you measure up to our requirements and are attracted by an exciting and out of the ordinary spare time occupation, we'd like to hear from you.

Locations: Hereford, London, and South Coast

CALL 0800 163925

2. I thought the age had been raised to 43, as of April 07, can you give any info on this?

3. Hantsbloke - check your PM

4. Hantsbloke,

to avoid someone with previous mil experience who’s over 34 (ie me)hassling them for their January course unnecessarily, what info did they give you on this?

5. 63Rep, I've been out now for 3 years having done my 22 and am at the ripe old age of 43. Could do with some phys but mentality I'm still there. Too old? Should I buy a Granny Scooter or is there still hope? Appreciate your thoughts.

Mac

6. Um we had two excellent ex-PSIs in the OTC who did there 22 years (and were PSIs in said OTC) and joined the TA after they left the regulars so procedurally it should not be a problem (and kept their WO2 rank as they deserved to). Dunno about any SF conotations. In the words another poster give'em a call and good luck.

With an avatar like that you deserve to get in. M9

7. 63Rep

Can you tell me when your next "Meet & Greet" is?

Cheers.

8. msr

msr LE

9. greeting

common scottish slang for crying

"Aye, you were fair bawling and greeting like a wee bairn"

"Aww, I wiz almost greetin when Lassie died."