62 (Cyprus) Support Squadron... Disbanded!!

:evil:
What are we going to do for sunshine postings now? Unless you're a pointy heeeed then it's pretty much a case of UK or Germany (and that won't last forever).

I believe we should reform 62 as the Ibiza Defence Force... any better ideas?

:? :? :? :?

Is this gen up or rumour control? Why would 62 be disbanded when it is one of the busiest Sqns in the Corps?

one of our lads is posted there in sept what will happen to him, sqn drawdown & posted again????

Is that the Sqn who ran the bar just outside Alexander bks in Dhekelia?
If so, then it's a shame...Enjoyed many a good night there, the best Brandy sours on the island! 8O

tommyhutch said:
Aww, the drunkest I've ever been was in the Zulu warrior bar.

seconded! :D

A crying shame. It's like going to the funeral of an old mate.
The Sqn. Bar was in a Nissen hut in Rhine Camp as I remember.
Used to lag in a 16" galvanised bucket. Ah! happy days.

Before I left Cyprus the rumour was Dhekelia would close very soon, with the RIB moving to Akrotiri.

Looks like its happening sooner rather than later.

Sad, I had a good couple of nights in the Zulu.

Cyprus will now be fcuked (more than it was).

Am gutted about 62 being disbanded. It was without doubt the best tour i have ever done 93-96. If anyone hears about a last p**s up in the Zulu please post it on here as i will have to put in a weeks leave to get to that. It would be better if Nipper Craze could do the Disco. D-reams " Things can only get better" allways reminds me of the Zoo.

The Garrison will not be the same without 62 there, best minor units rugby team on the island.

Will have to now go on the lash tonight to get over this traumatic news !! :cry:

REgards

Geordie H

I remember the Garrison Sgts to Officers Mess shindig Crimbo 97???? Garrison Commander pauses for effect waiting to address the gathered rabble only to be interrupted by the low hum of the 62 seniors launching into a rousing rendition of "We are...........". Cue sly grin from the GC as he lifted his wooly pully to display his RE stable belt.

Hardest working unit and best unit bar on the island. :lol:

P-T

A_Knocker_Till_The_End said:
one of our lads is posted there in sept what will happen to him, sqn drawdown & posted again????
Nah, he's not posted to 62. He is going to Akky working with the ISP there. I know as I was hooting with him a couple of weeks ago at Bisley and he wouldn't shut up about it.

It is a crying shame that 62 is going. A small Squadron but a highly effective one and on of the few places left in the Corps for guys to do their trade. Has the reasoning behind this move been made public at all? It would be interesting to know why.

plant_life said:
A_Knocker_Till_The_End said:
Nah, he's not posted to 62. He is going to Akky working with the ISP there. I know as I was hooting with him a couple of weeks ago at Bisley and he wouldn't shut up about it.

It is a crying shame that 62 is going. A small Squadron but a highly effective one and on of the few places left in the Corps for guys to do their trade. Has the reasoning behind this move been made public at all? It would be interesting to know why.
nadda P_L we have one of our Sparkies posted there in sept he has only just got his posting order, i do know who you are on about.

both our lads have been told now that they are not going so it must be true i guess, one off to 35 for the third time & the other not got a new posting yet.