600+ die in Iraq stampede

Hopefully Al Jazeera et al will put the blame squarely on the climate of fear (or terror) created by ........ terrorists.

I won't hold my breath though.

PS - edited to add that AJ should broadcast any film they have of this as often as it takes to wean the locals off any glamourised view of terrorism.

In response to Part time pongo's message....... We should/will not let this pass with barely any comment.. Each and everyone of us should as a mark of respect take a moment to think of those who have lost their lives, and hope for peace soon.....

DozyBint said:
razorman said:
DozyBint said:
In sh'Allah...
I don't know whether you understand the correct meaning of this phrase, but its in VERY bad taste in this context.
Yes I do fully understand the meaning of this phrase - do you?
in'sha Allah = 'If god wills' or 'god willing'.

Dozy it sounds like you were saying that you hoped that the casualty figures had risen.

BBC reported a million pilgrims heading for the same spot. Considering that a bus queue of half a dozen Shias is a tempting target for suicide bombers in Iraq at the moment, wasn't this tragedy just a bit predictable?

castlereagh said:
DozyBint said:
razorman said:
DozyBint said:
In sh'Allah...
I don't know whether you understand the correct meaning of this phrase, but its in VERY bad taste in this context.
-insha-Allah = 'If god wills' or 'god willing'.

Dozy it sounds like you were saying that you hoped that the casualty figures had risen.
That's because you've put it in that context. It's also used as an expression of helplessness - i.e. it's fate, it's in God's hands... I couldn't believe it either & almost speechless, that's the context I used it in.

DozyBint said:
castlereagh said:
DozyBint said:
razorman said:
DozyBint said:
In sh'Allah...
-insha-Allah = 'If god wills' or 'god willing'.

That's because you've put it in that context. It's also used as an expression of helplessness - i.e. it's fate, it's in God's hands... I couldn't believe it either & almost speechless that's the context I used it in.
I wasn't making a judgement, I was just explaining what Razor may have thought. If you believe in pre-destination then fine but others who don't, may have seen it as being rather callous - just saying!

the approximate translation of 'inshallah' is 'god willing'. Its usage is to express hope in a particular event happening. So by posting it here, you are 'hoping' for the deaths of a thousand people.

What a lovely person you are :roll:

Latest Threads