60 Signal Squadron (V)

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by h301593, May 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do 60 Signal Squadron still have an active troop in Aylesbury? Or is the TAC now just occupied by 7 RIFLES?

2. A bit radical I know, but you could always give them a ring:
    The Territorial Army Near You - Unit Details (Aylesbury TA Centre)
    01296 744541

You could even go on the Army website here:
    36 Signal Regiment - British Army Website
    Or as 39 Sigs:
    [ARCHIVED CONTENT] 39 Sig Regt (V) - British Army Website

3. I did look at both the army and wiki pages however in passing I have not seen any signals at the TA centre, and some information in inaccurate. It says our band is still at the barracks they moved from in 2009!

4. Active is probably not the right word, one young officer, one CPL (Martin, good guy, and good barman) and 4 siggys, at the last count.

5. Top Man, have they got any attached REME personell based there or are they based in Windsor?

6. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Be a bit of a waste if they don't as when the new TAC was constructed, they incorporated a purpose built workshop, offices and garage combo specifically with a REME LAD in mind.

7. When I was a cadet there ages ago they used to have bedfords, ffr landrovers and even a few trailored generators. I was just wondering if they and their support elements got moved when they were reduced down to a troop.

8. When the Sqn drew down to a troop, all attached REME either re-badged, moved to Windsor or handed their kit in.

9. Almost accurate. I can provide up-to-date info if required.