60 More Chinooks ordered

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by re-stilly, Aug 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The MOD has ordered 60 chinooks from Boeing.

Linky Bit

While it is good news for the guys on the ground and bearing in mind the last farce with Chinooks needing to be rewired and new software, where are they going to be housed and are all the pilots that once flew really quick bits of kit be retrained.
  2. Learn to read. 14 ordered, brings total to 60.
  3. And when Bravo November and the other old buses get pensioned off, back to the current number.
  4. Well that was a let down.
  5. I suppose you might be right.....my ball crystal gazing isn't performing today.
  6. How did you know the MOD procurement teams moto?
    • Like Like x 8
  7. And as much as it pains me to do so, I apologise for my inability to read an article and relay the facts. I will take myself outside with the Webley and do the honourable thing.
  8. It is OK, next year we will find we cannot afford them so we will cancel the order loosing millions of pound……..all normal service!
  9. Knowing your luck you'd miss :)

Still 14 is better than none
  10. even that oaf was going to buy an extra 30 so we probably need the 60 plus black hawks etc etc
  11. You are probably right there, and do you know me??
  12. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

So who,s starting the sweepstake, 1billion proposed costs, 5 Years Support, all operational 2017 yeah right. I reckon £2.5billion and 3 years support and 4 years late.Procurement is still a buggers muddle. Boeing is not remotely interested in our MOD , after the last cluster ****.
  13. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

so will they push merlin gently out of the way now then and buy mil8's
    • Like Like x 1
  14. So will this mean that the RAF will unpack some old squadron badges or re-role existing units?
  15. That or we'll keep 6 and sell 8 to the French / Americans for about half their shelf price.