60,000 Convicts to build the Olympic Village

#2
Banging people up doesn't work, so why not try something different?

msr
 
#5
Wonder how much building material will be stolen?

''Sorry, Mr Rogge, but someone appears to have stolen the Olympic Flame. We've asked Dame Kelly Holmes to stand in the corner holding a candle. Will that do?"

And would the IOC want a stadium built by amateurs? {insert Wembley joke of your choice here} I'd assume that having a stadium put up by people who know nothing about bricklaying, etc, etc isn't the greatest idea in the history of the Olympic movement.
 
#6
Archimedes said:
Wonder how much building material will be stolen?

''Sorry, Mr Rogge, but someone appears to have stolen the Olympic Flame. We've asked Dame Kelly Holmes to stand in the corner holding a candle. Will that do?"

And would the IOC want a stadium built by amateurs? {insert Wembley joke of your choice here} I'd assume that having a stadium put up by people who know nothing about bricklaying, etc, etc isn't the greatest idea in the history of the Olympic movement.
Isn't 'enthusiastic amateurs' the underlying purpose of the Olympic movement?
 
#8
TheHelpfulStacker said:
Archimedes said:
Wonder how much building material will be stolen?

''Sorry, Mr Rogge, but someone appears to have stolen the Olympic Flame. We've asked Dame Kelly Holmes to stand in the corner holding a candle. Will that do?"

And would the IOC want a stadium built by amateurs? {insert Wembley joke of your choice here} I'd assume that having a stadium put up by people who know nothing about bricklaying, etc, etc isn't the greatest idea in the history of the Olympic movement.
Isn't 'enthusiastic amateurs' the underlying purpose of the Olympic movement?
"Enthusiastic amateurs" would be a descriptive term for me and my first girlfriend--but we weren't engaged in executing a multi-million dollar government project...though the results of our first attempts were about as well-executed as most government projects. We did get much better with practice...but then we lost our "amateur" standing, didn't we? ;)
 
#9
Yank_Lurker said:
"Enthusiastic amateurs" would be a descriptive term for me and my first girlfriend--but we weren't engaged in executing a multi-million dollar government project...though the results of our first attempts were about as well-executed as most government projects. We did get much better with practice...but then we lost our "amateur" standing, didn't we? ;)
Why? Were you getting paid for the performance?

msr
 
#10
msr said:
Yank_Lurker said:
"Enthusiastic amateurs" would be a descriptive term for me and my first girlfriend--but we weren't engaged in executing a multi-million dollar government project...though the results of our first attempts were about as well-executed as most government projects. We did get much better with practice...but then we lost our "amateur" standing, didn't we? ;)
Why? Were you getting paid for the performance?

msr
Well, *we* found the experience ummm..."rewarding". :p
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Unknown_Quantity Current Affairs, News and Analysis 2
F Current Affairs, News and Analysis 16
Gunner_ear Army Pay, Claims & JPA 42

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top