6 year old septic boy trapped in experimental balloon

news article

Okay, the boy's trapped in a balloon floating around 7,500 to 8,500 feet. Assuming he's not wearing survival gear, (which I'd say would be a safe bet) I'm not sure he's got long. Any experts want to chime in?

I know there are SAR Tech types who would be more than willing to try to try any number of stunts to get him...

I hope he comes out okay.

No one inside when it touched down. So between liftoff and when the first chopper caught up with it...

I don't want to think about it. :(

It's getting dusty in here.

Darwin may be the answer for the parents.

But for the six year old? It's not like it's his fault his dad was a twat.

Fair point...put big shiny balolon in garden with wooden box attached and I defy ANY 6 year old boy to climb in!!

xena.the.canuck said:
Darwin may be the answer for the parents.

But for the six year old? It's not like it's his fault his dad was a twat.
Genes get passed on so at least its saved the 6 year old breeding fuckwits.

Well, it landed in a furrowed field and he was nowhere to be found. Either he was never on board in the first place or he's a crimson stain on the floor somewhere.

"7News confirmed the boy is the son of Richard and Mayumi Heene, who appeared on an episode of ABC's "Wife Swap."

So in other words, they have run out of TV money, and thought, I know, lets get some media attention???

Hmmmm, gut instinct tells me the lad will turn up safe and well after being found at a friends house.

If not, then it is only a yank.

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Ahh, yes. The scientific genetic intelligence theory. If your parents were intelligent, therefore you must be intelligent, and conversely, if your parents were mongs, therefore you must be a mong.

Well, I see that this settles everything.

By the way, how's all that working out for the Royal Family?

FFS, I posted this in "The Serious Bit" for a fcuking reason...

xena.the.canuck said:
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Ahh, yes. The scientific genetic intelligence theory. If your parents were intelligent, therefore you must be intelligent, and conversely, if your parents were mongs, therefore you must be a mong.

Well, I see that this settles everything.

By the way, how's all that working out for the Royal Family?

FFS, I posted this in "The Serious Bit" for a fcuking reason...
You posted this in the serious bit? And please tell me what relevance this snippet of news has to do with the British Army, UK or normal human beings?

I didn't realise Arrse had become a news feed for colonial morons.

From what I see in the media the father of the boy is barking mad, believes there is there is life on Mars and it is being covered upby the European Space Agency.
Heene linky

He may need to increase the tinfoil on his hat.

JonnoJonno said:
That's lovely; I hope that there is footage right now wheeling it's way to my inbox, containing a falling screaming american boy smashing his face on his father's porch.
I think he had a BMW not a Porch.

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
I can't be sure, but when he finally touches down on his dad's car there will be very little left to suggest what it was. Either way his exploding stomach acids will sure as shit do for the paint work.

JonnoJonno said:
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
I can't be sure, but when he finally touches down on his dad's car there will be very little left to suggest what it was. Either way his exploding stomach acids will sure as shit do for the paint work.
FFS Jonno, this is in current affairs, show a little sensitivity for once!

Hell of a way for a nice car to go :(

Once again, Darwins THeory is proven…

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
You posted this in the serious bit? And please tell me what relevance this snippet of news has to do with the British Army, UK or normal human beings?
Look, I have kids. I'm as pi55ed off at the fcukwit parents as much as anyone else, but this isn't the kids fault. He is (or was) six. I'm just pi55ed of that this kid who hasn't had a chance in life has had it end because his dad's a twat.

And before any more imaginarily intelligent arrse trollers pipe in, I know this happens to fcuking thousands of kids a day all around the world. And, yes, it still pi55es me off! Even more than that self-righteous prick Bono, who just talks about it, all the while padding his bank account. But, that's for another thread...

So there, I just don't think a kid's death is funny. Deal with it Flashy, you sperm-gurgling bully who's just compensating for a having tiny dick.

xena.the.canuck said:
...trapped in a balloon floating around 7,500 to 8,500 feet. Assuming he's not wearing survival gear... I'm not sure he's got long. Any experts want to chime in?
I was hoping someone who might know something about aviation and how temperature drops at altitude might jump in. (Ever heard of the AAC?) Instead the only expert I got was you, whose only expertise seems to be your own knob.

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
I didn't realise Arrse had become a news feed for colonial morons.
I didn't realise that either. But, judging from all the shite posted about your version of pop stars, footie teams, or local politicians, it's only a news feed for good old British morons. Don't worry Flashy, you'll continue to feel at home.

Now, everyone can continue to insult and degrade the parents as normal. They deserve it, IMHO.

xena.the.canuck said:
I was hoping someone who might know something about aviation and how temperature drops at altitude might jump in. (Ever heard of the AAC?) Instead the only expert I got was you, whose only expertise seems to be your own knob.
AAC? Naa, never heard of them. Although temperature reduces by 1.98'C every thousand feet so if the temp was the ICAO standard of 15'C AMSL (Above mean sea level) that would mean the temperature at 8000'ft would be approx -1'C. Of course that depends on whether or not the air was saturated. If it was saturated, it would only reduce by 1.5'C per 1000'ft making the air temp at 8000' approx +7'C. Quite warm I'm sure you will agree. Of course, this is all irrelevant seeing how he apears to have skydived from 8 grand meaning his little 6 year old body would have achieved terminal velocity at about 7500'.